Disable lock slider?

Reaction score
I just got my droid a few days ago and i'm really loving it. I have just ran into one annoying feature that i can't seem to disable.

I like the unlock slider thing and I don't want to get rid of it, but is there anyway to disable it for when the screen just times out and goes black? This is really annoying.

I will be reading a webpage and someone in real life will ask me a question, after answering the real life question I go back to the phone and the screen is off and I have to slide that lock thing again to be able to go back to reading it.

Or I will be in the middle of a text messaging conversation with a slow texter and before i can read every new text I have to slide the thing to unlock the phone.

I like that the screen turns off after awhile because it saves the battery, but i want to be able to just touch the screen to continue the conversation and not have to unlock it every single time. Maybe something that just locks it when i use the button at the top and leaves it unlocked the rest of the time. That's the way my old blackberry curve was and that system was great.

jalb07

Reaction score
Do a search in the Market for ScreenMode Widget, that's what I use. It allows you tap the widget for three different screen options: Sleep Auto (Regular Lock When Sleep), Awake Stay (Does not lock upon Screen Timeout), Screen Stay (Always On).

navdoc1110

Reaction score
invest in screeble. It wont let the phone go to sleep while it is in use. verry usefull. both a free and paid app

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
it's actuall "screebl" in case you go searching for it in the market

and yes both of those of apps listed above are much needed!