Disable Inactivity Timeout on games like Clash & Boom

xaliengodx

Reaction score
I found an app that can reset the inactivity timer for games like Clash of Clans and Boom Beach.

As an example for Clash of Clans, normally the game will bring up a timeout message after about 4 minutes of inactivity . This simple app briefly takes the game, puts it in the background and then bring it back to the foreground. This has an effect of resetting the timeout clock. The app launches a service which can be paused/exited from the notification window. Now since the app keeps the screen on, it can be battery intensive, but, for the case of Clash of Clans it really helps to protect your loot in between building troops for farming.... On the google play store it's called AppCycle Pro.

The app is general purpose, you can select which apps to cycle, and set the delay for how long it keeps the app active before cycling it.

I'm sure there are plenty of other games that would benefit from keeping the game active.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I always set my screen time out to the highest available setting in the phone's main menu. For my Note 4, I believe that's 10 minutes. I never let it timeout on its own. When I'm done doing whatever I'm doing on it, I turn the screen off manually. Problem solved without an extra app.

OP
X

xaliengodx

Reaction score
I always set my screen time out to the highest available setting in the phone's main menu. For my Note 4, I believe that's 10 minutes. I never let it timeout on its own. When I'm done doing whatever I'm doing on it, I turn the screen off manually. Problem solved without an extra app.

I'm talking about the game itself timing out, not the screen. So let clash of clans run on your screen without touching the screen, and it will bring up an inactivity message and tell you to reload the game. AppCycle Pro will prevent that Clash of Clans message from popping up, hence keeping the game active indefinitely.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I misunderstood. Guess I've never let the game just sit & done nothing. I open it, train my troops, collect my resources, attack, chat with clan mates, then close it & repeat later.

OP
X

xaliengodx

Reaction score
I misunderstood. Guess I've never let the game just sit & done nothing. I open it, train my troops, collect my resources, attack, chat with clan mates, then close it & repeat later.

I understand. For this app, it would just let the game run, and prevent your village from being attacked. I've used it in between troop building while farming -- prevents people from looting me if I'm trying to save.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I always set my screen time out to the highest available setting in the phone's main menu. For my Note 4, I believe that's 10 minutes.

It should be 30 minutes for all Galaxy S devices. Initially you'll only be able to select 10 minutes.
h2JkFya.png

Go ahead and select 10 minutes and your device will return to the previous menu, which will look similar to this.
8Hxzibw.png

From there, go back into your screen timeout section and you'll now see 30 minute option you can select.
etZw1CX.png

By default it won't show up until you've first selected the 10 minute option.
Strange I know, but it should work on all Samsung Galaxy models.

S5 tap'n

Roger Moore

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy E7
You ma be able to disable the inactivity time out, but then also it will throw you out.