dirty installs??

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok so I've been testing lots of different roms and kernels and have come to like a few. But my thing is having to wipe, wipe, wipe and restore every single time. As a rooted user I do understand that this comes with the territory. But can anyone tell me if there's a room that you can do an install without losing all of my apps and stuff with out using TB our a secondary app. I guess it's called a dirty install. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks

debrad0307

Reaction score
Synergy allows you to flash dirty but it's not recommended on any rom. I've done it a couple of times and there are always bugs because of it.

Sent from my Synergized S3

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you're going from one base to another, it's recommend to fully wipe. Like from a CM based rom to an AOKP based rom. If you stay with the same base, at least wipe the cache & dalvick cache. But, if there been changes to, say, the SystemUI or Frameworks, then you'll still have problems. Ymmv

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I about am just sticking with synergy and just using titanium backup. So far that's what I've had the best luck with lol