Direct dial on the X

Steve H

Reaction score
Just got the Droid X after 14 months with the D1. The one thing I cannot figure out is a direct dial shortcut like the D1 has. I have done a search and found a couple of things (apps) but they are not what I think is a one touch dial. I there any way for the X to do a one touch dial without having to open an app or favorites?

Lawdawg75

Reaction score
Yup, hold ur finger down on a blank spot on your screen, select add item, then shortcuts....then hit direct dial.

Sent from my DROIDX

xliderider

Reaction score
I'm running a custom rom (Liberty), obviously from my sig. But using my method in the linked thread will work. There are several more suggestions for other ways and apps that do what you want like Better Cut, etc.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
I tried that
...no direct call option when I set up the app.....
I'm running a custom rom (Liberty), obviously from my sig. But using my method in the linked thread will work. There are several more suggestions for other ways and apps that do what you want like Better Cut, etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xliderider

Reaction score
Then I don't know what to tell you. Something is funky about your X. Are you rooted? Have you ever modified System files, are you on a custom rom?

lemodular

Reaction score
Steve H are you rooted? If not, you have to use a widget called "Contact quick tasks". Once you add contact widget, you can then assign a number and just make that number a direct dial (you'll get the option on first use). You can also then resize the widget to a 1x1.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
Not rooted. Just got it two days ago. Its factory stock.
Then I don't know what to tell you. Something is funky about your X. Are you rooted? Have you ever modified System files, are you on a custom rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lockman

Reaction score
Stock X uses a widget instead- remember our friend, Blur? It's called Contact Quick Task. Pretty cool IMO.

xliderider

Reaction score
After you install Folder Organizer Lite, you tried my guide and selected Folder Organizer Item from the Shortcut list? Then you should be presented with a list that has a direct dial shortcut option.