Dinc2 with no data USB connection

karens

Reaction score
Hi Everyone -
I just got a new to me, used DInc2 from (gasp!) ebay. It continues to have a problem: there is no data connection between the USB cable and my laptop. I get a great charge plugged into my computer, just no USB love. Bluetooth, great connection. Syncing with the cloud (google), yup. But no USB.
I am using a 2011 Macbook Pro (OS 10.7.4) and have android 2.3.4 on the phone.
Reading through others' troubles linking up DInc2's and Macs, there is lots of talk about getting a 'The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer' message, but i don't even get that. I don't even get the little USB symbol notification icon on my status bar at the top of the phone saying i'm linked up.
I tried different cords, various different syncing applications (double twist, sync mate, selling media sync), but no one wants to talk to the phone...

So, is this a hardware issue (the port? The port pins?) or could it be a software issue in the phone? Do you think a factory reset might help (my boyfriend's idea)? I think i'm going outside to get the air compressor in on the action, and i'll do a factory reset, but if any one else has any inspired thoughts, i would LOVE to hear them. (Thankfully, i'm still in my 30 day warrantee period with the ebay seller.)
Thanks in advance...
k

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Check the simple stuff first:

Go to SETTINGS > CONNECT TO PC
What does it say under DEFAULT CONNECTION TYPE?
I am betting is says "CHARGE ONLY".
Click on that and set it to DISK DRIVE.

Anything else?
:D