Dinc2 - Rapid Battery Drain

sschecht13

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had my Dinc2 for 3 months, and recently my battery has begun discharging at an alarming rate. Originally the phone would get up to 32 hours of battery life before I even considered plugging it in, now it will only survive 6-10 hours with EVERYTHING off and no use whatsoever. When I check the info to see what is draining the battery Display is the only significant percentage (usually 50-80%). That percentage does not change regardless of whether I use it or keep it locked in my pocket all day. I would assume the battery has failed, but after only 3 months?

When this major decrease took place I had not installed or changed anything in weeks. I have tried all the basic steps (Turn off all extras, bump charge, clear cache, uninstall pretty much everything.) Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure. It looks like you have tried a lot. Could be a bad battery. You can try removing all of your downloaded apps, let the battery drain til dead and then charge to full, to see if an app has gone rouge. But I am not sure since you already bump charged. You could also put it in airplane mode to test battery, but a lot of things will be shut off like calls in airplane mode. Wish I could be of more help.

estafusisx

Reaction score
Are you a root user and if so did you flash a bunch of roms recently
If so you should wipe your battery stats. Although it does sound like a bad battery. If it has gotten really hot that probably degraded it alot.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
S

sschecht13

Reaction score
I was not rooted at the time the incident began. I did root in an attempt to alleviate the situation, but nothing changed. I am now running Virtuous. Guess I'll be ordering a new battery. Has anyone else had early battery failures with this device?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Before you order a new battery contact HTC and verizon and see if its still under any kind of warranty. If they ask for the phone you can get the RUU and flash back to stock. That might be something you could try as well before calling either company.

This post is Incredible 2

micjmac

Reaction score
Hello, I have had my Dinc2 for 3 months, and recently my battery has begun discharging at an alarming rate. Originally the phone would get up to 32 hours of battery life before I even considered plugging it in, now it will only survive 6-10 hours with EVERYTHING off and no use whatsoever. When I check the info to see what is draining the battery Display is the only significant percentage (usually 50-80%). That percentage does not change regardless of whether I use it or keep it locked in my pocket all day. I would assume the battery has failed, but after only 3 months? When this major decrease took place I had not installed or changed anything in weeks. I have tried all the basic steps (Turn off all extras, bump charge, clear cache, uninstall pretty much everything.) Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
I had the SAME exact problem as you. Sometime after I updated to Gingerbread and out of the blue, my phone's battery life was TERRIBLE. I looked at the battery stats and there was no culprit. Simply put, all of the battery uses such as display and voice calls had their battery drainage significantly amplified. For example, instead of the battery draining 25% for a one hour phone call, the battery would drain about 50%. You are in luck because I have a solution. I did a factory reset which completely wiped my phone's internal storage and the microsd, and the battery is back to normal! Good luck!

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had my Dinc2 for 3 months, and recently my battery has begun discharging at an alarming rate. Originally the phone would get up to 32 hours of battery life before I even considered plugging it in, now it will only survive 6-10 hours with EVERYTHING off and no use whatsoever. When I check the info to see what is draining the battery Display is the only significant percentage (usually 50-80%). That percentage does not change regardless of whether I use it or keep it locked in my pocket all day. I would assume the battery has failed, but after only 3 months?

When this major decrease took place I had not installed or changed anything in weeks. I have tried all the basic steps (Turn off all extras, bump charge, clear cache, uninstall pretty much everything.) Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Sounds like something is keeping your phone awake. Install watchdog task manager and see if it alerts you for any apps using excessive CPU

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

zcs72

Reaction score
I have recently experienced the same thing. I reflashed my Rom ( skyraider Zeus), reinstalled only the apps I was sure I had before and so far no change. Eager to see if you find a solution.