DInc clockwork recovery mode not working!

kiju0605

Reaction score
hello, id call myself pretty smart with BBs, but im so lost with android so plz understand my unnecessarily long and unorganized post

i just recently rooted my DInc using Unrevoked and the program told me it was sucessful. after that, i wanted to get rid of the junk apps using the recovery mode-> mount thing. i installed clockworkmod form the market as well as the superuser permissions, and i dont have any troublesome programs. by pressing vol down and power, i CAN get into HBOOT and i can also update using the .IMG file but when i select recovery and press power, the screens changes twice and then ends up a black screen with two slim vertical lines on the edges and would stay there until the batery died.
i really need to do a nandroid backup as im not that careful with data on my phone despite its importance.
if someone oculd help me out with getting into the recovery mode with the green writing on black, it would be very much appreciated.

* also, all im trying to do is
1. get rid of junk apps (cityID, amazon mp3...)
2. make a nandroid backup

so if there are alternatives to the two im trying to do, and there seems to be no solution for the recovery, that would be great

thanks in advance

Weapondrift

Reaction score
this may be a bad version of recovery. when you open the pm31.img itself do you get any errors? If this is the case you have a bad recovery file and will need to download another (i have a good version I can send you). the .img file should be in the root of your sd card (meaning not in any folders) you should then go into HBOOT (holding power and volume down) and it should automatically update.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this may be a bad version of recovery. when you open the pm31.img itself do you get any errors? If this is the case you have a bad recovery file and will need to download another (i have a good version I can send you). the .img file should be in the root of your sd card (meaning not in any folders) you should then go into HBOOT (holding power and volume down) and it should automatically update.

Please man no false info. It is a PB31IMG not a pm31.img.

Back to topic if you have recently purchased your Incredible it probably has an slcd screen. The current recovery that is pushed with the unrevoked tool will not work. Please follow this thread.

I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery.

OP
K

kiju0605

Reaction score
im glad to say that i now have this issue fixed
id like to thank all of you that replied