Recovery Mode Not Working

jamgood96

Reaction score
When I try to boot my phone into recovery mode, either by booting with the Volume Down button and power button pushed or via Rom Manager, it ends up with a black screen with two white borders and does not proceed. I have no idea why this is doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I try to boot my phone into recovery mode, either by booting with the Volume Down button and power button pushed or via Rom Manager, it ends up with a black screen with two white borders and does not proceed. I have no idea why this is doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, this isn't going to help much right now, but I read of this exact issue earlier today with either the X or the Inc. I recall there is a fix being worked on and should be available soon. I believe the clockwork crew were the ones working on it, but not totally sure. I will, of course, try to find the other thread for you. But odds are someone with some real firsthand information will chime in before I get back to you.

Good luck and be patient!!

rednival

Reaction score
I have been able to boot into recovery mode in the past with no problem. Now when I try to access recovery mode I just get a black screen. I have a rooted Gingerbread. Any help or tips appreciated.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If you are using the DroidX bootstrapper, make sure you have usb debugging unchecked.

rednival

Reaction score
If you are using the DroidX bootstrapper, make sure you have usb debugging unchecked.

Thanks, that was it.

Installed the Apex 1.4.0 ROM. Phone is setting on Red Motorolla logo. How long before I should worry?

Have applied SBF's before but haven't done custom ROMS, so I am new to this.