Dinc android

kramer56

Reaction score
Ok I check my battery life and the android system uses 92% of the battery!!!! How can I change this and what will it do if I do try and change it? I am way too new to this kinda phone lmao. Please evryone help me and look at my other posts as well This thing is driving me crazy.

GT944

Reaction score
How often are you actively using your phone? Do you have things like gps and WiFi active all the time?

Sent from my ADR6300

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I guess your concern is battery life.

Few tips to help your battery last longer:
Turn off GPS, bluetooth, wifi, autobrightness, and autosync.
Change your screen brightness manually.
Don't check your phone every 5 minutes, lol (yeah hard to do with such a great device)

Other than that, the Incredible is known for having a pretty cruddy battery life compared to other Android devices.

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
yeah no gps, wifi on and just unlock phone to c bout text msgs. other than that i dont do much else.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All you mainly use it for is texts?

yeah no gps, wifi on and just unlock phone to c bout text msgs. other than that i dont do much else.

DroidForums junkie!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If your phone is not being used much then yeah the system will be using most of the battery. What its showing is not that its using 92% of you battery, but 92% of what's been used so far. If you add up everything it will equal more than 100%. I don't think there's really an issue here.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
Yeah mainly texting so far. trying to figure the damn thing out. I really wanted a droid 2 but when i went in they only had this or the X and a samsung fascinate which wife has, so i settled for this. Did I make the right deal or should I take it back within the 30days and get a droid2 global(they dont the reg droid2). Is the Dinc better than the droid2?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
android system is the OS that runs the device....if you don't do more than just text it will be the largest user of power.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well if you wanted the D2 then I would say take it back. If its not what you wanted don't get stuck with it. The D2G is a good phone. It all depends on what you want. Don't settle!!

Sent from somewhere...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha! Gotcha! They're both great phones, they each just bring something different to the table. The battery life and reception are better on the D2. They could've shipped you one if they were sold out, my store has about 20 in stock. Not taking anything away from the Incredible though but, with a contract renewal, I'd recommend getting the one you want vs settling. Returning the Inc will cost you a $35 restocking fee as well.

Yeah mainly texting so far. trying to figure the damn thing out. I really wanted a droid 2 but when i went in they only had this or the X and a samsung fascinate which wife has, so i settled for this. Did I make the right deal or should I take it back within the 30days and get a droid2 global(they dont the reg droid2). Is the Dinc better than the droid2?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
well for 3 months i wanted the Dinc until thursday I just figured i needed the keyboard on droid2. after a few days with inc i am used to touchscreen. They all have problems I understand that but after reading alot of posts on both and peoples recommendations I just flipped a coin and went to get it and they sold the last one b4 i got there. My Luck right. I am not really settling since this is the phone I been wanting but I just dont know what one is a better phone. Alot of people say HTC's are better at alot of things so i went with it.

I guess my ? is which phone is easier to use and more user friendly?

Last edited: