Different DROID 2 keyboards? whaaa?!?

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
My mom and i both have droid 2's and our keyboards are actually much different and im not sure why. Mine is MUCH more raised than hers is, hers is very flat. My mom recently broke hers and got a refurbished one and its the same as the old one. Do most models have the flat keyboard? Why is there diffrerent models anyway?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The older D2's were manufactured with the flat keyboard, and it was replaced by the raised. That said, I'm sure you'll still come across the flat keyboard, but there's nothing particularly wrong with it.

Reaction score
I've never heard of this at all. I have the droid 2 and when I got it september 3rd, the keys were raised and not flat. The droid 2 came out in august, so I assume mine must fall in the "old" category.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Pictures, please? I've never seen a D2 with a raised keyboard.

km75

Reaction score
Pictures, please? I've never seen a D2 with a raised keyboard.

A couple months back I was having issues with my droid 2 (pictured above) and the refurb they sent me had the flat keys. Needless to say when I saw that I sent it right back. I like the raised KB a lot better.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its not an old one and new one thing. Its a manufacturing issue. The D1 had the same thing. Some raised some flat. Different suppliers, manufacturing facilities, different tolerances. All these can lead to slight differences in builds.

end of line...

OP
F

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Ok well that all makes sense. Im glad i lucked out and got the raised one becuase I find much easier to type with.

Insidious

Reaction score
I got the D2 away back and the keyboard was much more raised than the D2G they sent me after I got it stuck in the bootloader and the battery wouldn't charge.

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

GreaTeacheRopke

Reaction score
I just got a warranty replacement D2. I used to have the raised keys, the new one is totally flat. It's awful. I'm tempted to send it back and keep my original, even though the power button on that one doesn't work. The tech support people said they had no idea what I was talking about with the different keys. I would never have purchased this phone with a keypad this flat. Thoroughly disappointed with every aspect of this transaction.