Did you root?

Reaction score
How many D3 owners got excited? How many of you plan to develop your own roms now? How bout offering to be a beta tester let us know people it be great to show the devs or new devs we will gladly support them all the way and so they can know who to ask for beta testers

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

patfactorx

Reaction score
After freezing bloatware this phone is MUCH faster. Everyone need to root immediately!

Riley

Reaction score
I've been tempted as my D1 was rooted most of the time I used it. I'll probably wait until things get a bit farther with unlocking the bootloader, recovery, etc. that way if things go bad I'll feel more comfortable about it. Honestly my D3 runs great as is so far.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

LT*

Reaction score
+1 I'm not sure I want to do anything until an SBF is available. The phone runs great as is now.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well tcrews I loved your froyo snkbitten rom do you plan on developing for the d3?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Well tcrews I loved your froyo snkbitten rom do you plan on developing for the d3?

Not sure..but I currently have no plans to do so at this time.

I spent way too much time learning how to compile/tweak/edit and create SnkBitten and after near 10,000 downloads only received $8.00 in donations LOL $8.00 just wasn't worth the amount of time and frustration I endured doing it.

You really have to spend an extraordinary amount of time keeping up with all the changes, feature updates and what not that go on, and I just don't have the time to devote to it.

Though who knows..... ;)

nednarb

Reaction score
i rooted, and phone is working fine. I transferred most of the bloatware to a different section of the phone, and added the bionic eye. if anyone who understands the blur files better i would love a list of what is safe to remove, or an explanation of what the file controls. dancedroidanybody?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I rooted, it was pretty painless. I froze a lot of bloatware, but didn't uninstall anything.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted last night, froze bunch of bloatware, and its a lot faster! You notice right away.

JesterMX6

Reaction score
waiting for an SBF.

or for a time period where i can use my Droid X and not need the physical keyboard (work is much easier on the phone for me with the physical keyboard)

Captiv8

Reaction score
I plan on rooting. This is my first smart phone so I never have done it before and want to make sure I do it right

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I plan on rooting. This is my first smart phone so I never have done it before and want to make sure I do it right

You'll be fine with the one click method. Takes really 0 skillz lol.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You'll be fine with the one click method. Takes really 0 skillz lol.

Hey Ben, how can you be sure to trust that any of the software you download to root isn't carrying some kind of spyware or virus? I'm not trying to p you off--it's an honest question. Do you trust the devs for some reason? Why? What software did you use? Thanks.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Hey Ben, how can you be sure to trust that any of the software you download to root isn't carrying some kind of spyware or virus? I'm not trying to p you off--it's an honest question. Do you trust the devs for some reason? Why? What software did you use? Thanks.

I have downloaded 100s of things from the interwebz for rooting, and no viruses for me.

Probably due to the fact that nobody wants to virus a Mac. :)