did you grandfather the data plan?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Heck yeah I did, u'd be silly not to. 29.99 for unlimited or 30.00 for 2gb/mo, u do the math.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tcayton49

Reaction score
I've been on Verizon for a few years and have had unlimited data since I got my OG almost 2 years ago. That being said, i decided that for my Bionic I wanted to switch to tiered data. I didn't think it was fair that I could have unlimited data while others couldn't. So I was grandfathered, but I refuse to take advantage of it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I've been on Verizon for a few years and have had unlimited data since I got my OG almost 2 years ago. That being said, i decided that for my Bionic I wanted to switch to tiered data. I didn't think it was fair that I could have unlimited data while others couldn't. So I was grandfathered, but I refuse to take advantage of it.

Well that's how life is. Some are fortunate and others aren't. Others are getting discounts on their accounts through their employers and others aren't. Does that mean give up discount cuz others can't have it. Just be grateful of what you have and enjoy. My 2 cents

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bardol

Reaction score

Is this a joke?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
iv been unlimited data plan user since for a couple years now so yes for me haven't changed it cause i use data alot. not as much as some but enought that i get my moneys worth for the unlimited.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

...you trolling us brah? haha

MrJack

Reaction score
I tried to, but the sales rep accidentally changed it to a 2GB plan when I bought it. Noticed it when I checked my Verizon account an hour later. I went back to straighten it out and she put in an inactive pricing request to restore it, but so far it hasn't shown up.

Call into Customer Service and explain what happened. They can change it back right now (I don't remember off the top of my head for how long) without having to put in an inactive pricing request. The wait time on inactive pricing requests is even longer than normal right now. If I remember correctly, I saw it was taking up to over 2 weeks for an inactive pricing request to go through, that's why they're allowing all Customer Service Reps change it as long as it falls within the guidelines of an IPR, which yours would.

Bellyofthebeast

Reaction score
If you need it changed back, act fast, time is short.........

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score

Are you the reincarnation of Gandhi? Funniest thing i've read in awhile...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bushpilotwannabe

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on calling in. I got impatient waiting for the inactive pricing request, so I called them and they changed it immediately.

obsquacious

Reaction score
4g would be too awesome for limited data.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

darbs2U

Reaction score
@ Arkbird - How if, you did not have unlimited data plan end up getting the other day? I amnot sure who your carrier is But I hear At & T and Verizion got rid of it. SO, you haf to be Grandfathered in. I just got my husband a smart phone and I was told becasue he was not grandfathered in he could not get unlimited. That stinks. I been on the phone arguing my poit that I think if, you have an account and one of the phones did not have a data plan. They shoudl get the option when they upgrade there old phone. Should not mater how many on your account.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
@ Arkbird - How if, you did not have unlimited data plan end up getting the other day? I amnot sure who your carrier is But I hear At & T and Verizion got rid of it. SO, you haf to be Grandfathered in. I just got my husband a smart phone and I was told becasue he was not grandfathered in he could not get unlimited. That stinks. I been on the phone arguing my poit that I think if, you have an account and one of the phones did not have a data plan. They shoudl get the option when they upgrade there old phone. Should not mater how many on your account.
Call Verizon up and ask them to change it. That's how I did it. Wasn't originally grandfathered in since I started off with tiered data on my Bionic but now it's unlimited. And of course my carrier is Verizon, can't get the Bionic anywhere else!