did you grandfather the data plan?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes...well sort of. Originally my dad and I were under tiered data (long story), but we got it changed to unlimited data yesterday or monday.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Who would be rediculous enough to get this without being grandfathered in? Bionic + Tiered Data plans = stupid decision. For that you might as well have settled for the D3.

bushpilotwannabe

Reaction score
I tried to, but the sales rep accidentally changed it to a 2GB plan when I bought it. Noticed it when I checked my Verizon account an hour later. I went back to straighten it out and she put in an inactive pricing request to restore it, but so far it hasn't shown up.

bushpilotwannabe

Reaction score
Several folks have called customer service and gotten it fixed right away.

Interesting. She told me it would take about a week. Right now I'm not too concerned about it, but if it's still showing the tiered data by about Friday I'll give them a call. I made sure I got the request number from her before I left, so if I have to call I'll have that. Thanks for letting me know.

Edi

Reaction score
Yup, I was grandfathered in without any issues when I placed my order from *611.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I'm SO grandfathered with Verizon (since 1997 - with alltel) that I'm getting my families 4 unlimited data packages for 20 bucks a piece. 1 Bionic (mine), 1 D3 (youngest daughter), 1 Eris (Wife) and 1 Iphone4 (one in every crowd).

nikecar

Reaction score
I purposely upgraded the end of June to get it. Caused a ruckus with the wife as just a few months earlier we decided not to get smartphones, so my doing it unilaterally didn't go over well to start.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
o_O ouch! Ever hear the saying "if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy!"

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
I'm SO grandfathered with Verizon (since 1997 - with alltel) that I'm getting my families 4 unlimited data packages for 20 bucks a piece. 1 Bionic (mine), 1 D3 (youngest daughter), 1 Eris (Wife) and 1 Iphone4 (one in every crowd).

I can top that. Grandfathered with the Talk Text and Data promo so I have 5 unlimited data packages for $10 a piece. 1 Bionic (my son), 2 Thunderbolts (mine and my wife), and 2 Incredibles (my son and daughter). I should be eligible for my last early upgrade just before Thanksgiving, and I'll have three upgrades in April.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Absolutely. Though I would hardly even need 2 gigs, why worry about it if you don't have to?

caw4bama

Reaction score
My data plan is 15 dollars for unlimited

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums