Did anyone loose Google Voice after apply ICS leak?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hey everyone.

So, I got a voicemail today, and when I looked at it the icon told me to call *86. Which is what you call for vzw voicemail. I haven't used vzw's voicemail in over 2 years since moving over to Google Voice. Well, it seems like I got kicked out of GV, and went back over to vzw VM. Even though in my call settings it says I'm using Google Voice.

I ended up having to deactivate GV voicemail, and then reactivate it.

Anyone else experience this?

DigitalArchivist

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So, I got a voicemail today, and when I looked at it the icon told me to call *86. Which is what you call for vzw voicemail. I haven't used vzw's voicemail in over 2 years since moving over to Google Voice. Well, it seems like I got kicked out of GV, and went back over to vzw VM. Even though in my call settings it says I'm using Google Voice.

I ended up having to deactivate GV voicemail, and then reactivate it.

Anyone else experience this?

This has happened to me twice now, even after re-activating Google Voice.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
No- I did not have to do a thing.
In the past with other updates I had to reset it every time.
This time I automatically went to set it up & I cant even find call settings in the system settings.
Where is call settings located ?

DigitalArchivist

Reaction score
Where is call settings located ?

I just realized I may have posted in the wrong forum as I have a Razr Maxx and therefore this may be incorrect for you, but this is how I get there: Dialer > Menu > Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail.

Last edited:

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just realized I may have posted in the wrong forum as I have a Razr Maxx and therefore this may be incorrect for you, but this is how I get there: Dialer > Menu > Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail.

Thanks it was in the same place.
That's the of beauty ICS.
First thing Google touched on with the intro of ICS was the cross platform standardization of the os.

Christobal

Reaction score
My Google voicemail stopped working too. My settings still say Google Voicemail (togled them back and forth), but it just doesn't work and all calls go to VZW viocemail, I am not rooted and on the latest OS (.905). My Google phone number still works...