Did anyone get the 6.12.181 update yet?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
EA.Droyd said:
Take it easy, the point I was trying to make was the Bluetooth issue that was listed for change was not corrected as promised. That was
the "empty promise" I was referring to, nothing more. I never said anything about ICS being out in a certain time frame. Don't try to make anything more out of it than what it is. I've stuck by Motorola
since the first MicroTac so, I think I'm qualified in saying that they didn't deliver as promised, no suprise there. We're used to this from
manufacturers and politicians alike. Empty promises, end of story.

What headset are you using? I do not have that issue with my command one headset at all? My battery life has nearly doubled and the voice recognition seems to be boosted in the process either by design our a simple bonus! I have no pursuant data issues any longer and the issue with slacker I've determined is due to resets caused by the software resetting due to buffer loss while paused during a call etc. that I would say is a software issue on their part and may be addressed by slacker. I drive a semi and too live on my headset so i'm guessing you might investigate your headset next, perhaps it has a firmware update in the works?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
As troublesome as it may be, after this type of an update, 99% of all software issues are usually overcome with a factory data reset with internal data wipe!
Any time spent in concern of issues without performing said reset is redundant and only aggravates the situation. Use your time more appropriately and reap the benefits. With humility, this has proven to ease my transition time and again.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
As troublesome as it may be, after this type of an update, 99% of all software issues are usually overcome with a factory data reset with internal data wipe!
Any time spent in concern of issues without performing said reset is redundant and only aggravates the situation. Use your time more appropriately and reap the benefits. With humility, this has proven to ease my transition time and again.

Quoted for truth.

Cinoib

Reaction score
Voodoo, TB, and Motofail maintain root through OTA 6.12.181

I have the Razr Maxx. I am rooted with Motofail. I am SqLite hacked.

This morning I found OTA update 6.12.181 waiting on me. I delayed taking the update until I was able to take the time to prepare my Maxx for the update and not loose root.

This afternoon i unfroze Zumo and Motocast with Titanium Backup. I un-rooted with Voodoo. I took the update. I re-rooted with Voodoo. I refroze with TI. And all is well.

The initial reboot seemed to hang on the Droid eyeball graphic for nearly 5 minutes. That was really a long time when I just feared the worst. But, I waited it out. It all works.

Thank you to the creators or Motofail, Titanium Backup Pro, and Voodoo.

The Razr Maxx is the best phone I've ever had. It coupled with the above mentioned apps makes for a wonderful device.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
What headset are you using? I do not have that issue with my command one headset at all? My battery life has nearly doubled and the voice recognition seems to be boosted in the process either by design our a simple bonus! I have no pursuant data issues any longer and the issue with slacker I've determined is due to resets caused by the software resetting due to buffer loss while paused during a call etc. that I would say is a software issue on their part and may be addressed by slacker. I drive a semi and too live on my headset so i'm guessing you might investigate your headset next, perhaps it has a firmware update in the works?
Thanks for the info, I've been using the Blue Ant Q2. I didn't experience the call end tone issue on the original Droid which I really loved.
Perhaps it is something with the headset, I don't know, I had no issue until I changed phones. The other thing I've noticed is the headset
no longer gives the caller's name, just the number. Odd.

modma

Reaction score
HELP! Hotspot issues after update

Hi there! I recently updated to 6.12.181 via OTA. I was rooted and used SQLite Editor to remove the entitlement check for Hotspot. I did the OTA update, re-rooted used MotoFAIL, re-verified the entitlement check hack, and now am having problems with Hotspot.

Hotspot will show as connected and will work for a short time, then I seem to lose DNS and can't connect to any websites. This happens usually after 15 or so minutes and I have to disconnect to reconnect. In addition, when it does work, it feels very slow. This only happened after the update.

My two questions are:
1. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any recommendation to fix?
2. Can I go back to the old software? If so, can someone kindly point me to where I can find the old software and maybe some instructions? I'm pretty tech savvy and am new to the rooting thing so if there's some basic instructions, I can figure out the rest.

Thanks in advance!

Cinoib

Reaction score
modma said:
Hi there! I recently updated to 6.12.181 via OTA. I was rooted and used SQLite Editor to remove the entitlement check for Hotspot. I did the OTA update, re-rooted used MotoFAIL, re-verified the entitlement check hack, and now am having problems with Hotspot.

Hotspot will show as connected and will work for a short time, then I seem to lose DNS and can't connect to any websites. This happens usually after 15 or so minutes and I have to disconnect to reconnect. In addition, when it does work, it feels very slow. This only happened after the update.

My two questions are:
1. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any recommendation to fix?
2. Can I go back to the old software? If so, can someone kindly point me to where I can find the old software and maybe some instructions? I'm pretty tech savvy and am new to the rooting thing so if there's some basic instructions, I can figure out the rest.

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact set up that you have. I used Voodoo to keep my root though. I am having a similar issue. Although not near as often as you seem to be having a problem. Overall I have the issue occasionally.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution. I just wanted you to know that there are others of us were having similar issues.