Dial Pad volume

Thorvindr

Reaction score
Before the update, it was fine. It was quiet. Now I can't figure out how to make it that way again. I don't need my dial pad to blast at full volume. I can tell that I'm dialing. In fact, I don't even need the tone at all when I'm not in a call. Any idea?

madrsx

Reaction score
If you leave the Audible Touch Tones on, its volume is linked to your in-call volume. So, that is one way to keep the touch tones on but at a lower volume...but if you raise the in-call volume again the touch tones get loud again too.

OP
T

Thorvindr

Reaction score
Nope. The touch tone volume used to be linked to in-call volume. Now it's linked to media volume. Before the update, it played the touch tone through the earpiece, so if the volume was cranked, it was still just barely audible. Now it plays through the speaker. When you're on the dial pad, if you push the volume keys, it changes the media volume and the touch tones get louder or softer, accordingly.

anewday

Reaction score
Nope. The touch tone volume used to be linked to in-call volume. Now it's linked to media volume. Before the update, it played the touch tone through the earpiece, so if the volume was cranked, it was still just barely audible. Now it plays through the speaker. When you're on the dial pad, if you push the volume keys, it changes the media volume and the touch tones get louder or softer, accordingly.

I don't understand why the touch tones come out from the speaker instead of from the earpiece like a regular phone or cellphone. Where is the logic i nthat? It should only do that while on speakerphone. :mad:

Panamakevin

Reaction score
wow... that had been one of my main complaints about the droid for the past year... i'm surprised i never fixed it before... now i just gotta figure out how to keep my head from hanging the phone up, haha...