Dial Pad Issues

angelav

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my dial pad when I use it to enter a code (like bank number codes or code to listen to voice mails). When I go to enter the code, the screen goes black and it won't allow me to enter the code unless I open the keypad.

No issues with dialing, just using it on an open line.

Thoughts?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
usually when you're on a call, if you hold the phone as flat as you can, like parallel to the ground I found that will usually make the screen come back on, and then just press the button to open up the dial pad...

OP
A

angelav

Reaction score
usually when you're on a call, if you hold the phone as flat as you can, like parallel to the ground I found that will usually make the screen come back on, and then just press the button to open up the dial pad...

Just tried it. Helped a little but still having issues. May have to run it by the store tomorrow. Thank you!

ShowTime

Reaction score
Do you have a case on your phone? I remember a little while back that people with certain cases were having problems with their screen going black/waking up at times it shouldn't be during a call because the case they had on the phone was obstructing the sensor in the upper left corner.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
no trip to the store required.. download and run an app called Screebl... it fixes this issue. (I know, I made a thread exactly like this one a few weeks back).

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
no trip to the store required.. download and run an app called Screebl... it fixes this issue. (I know, I made a thread exactly like this one a few weeks back).

Yes! Screebl is pretty darn handy if you ask me!

BSouders80

Reaction score
I don't know if I deleted something I wasn't supposed to or not. But I have an issue. When I click on "Dialer" after clicking on the phone in the Launch Screen, it just takes me back to the home page.

I've rebooted 3 times, same issue.

I probably deleted something that I wasn't supposed to. I say that b/c I deleted a bunch of apps that I thought were useless.

Can someone steer back to being able to dial with a dialpad?

Thanks.

Brian

BSouders80

Reaction score
Okay, reverted LCD density back to stock and now the Dialer works.

Is there any way to lower the density value and still make the dialer work?

Thanks

Brian