Diag mode

Nolenm

Reaction score
I need to know how to get into diag mode on my droid 2 global

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CellZealot

Reaction score
It would probably be a good idea to start with what you want to do with your phone in Diag mode first. Do you want to use QPST or other Qualcomm or third party service software?

Do you want to edit the NVM or service programming?

What OS is your PC running?

What version of Motorola drivers do you have loaded?

Do you have RadioComm and if so what version?

Do you have Hardware Virtual Serial Port and if so what version?

These are all critical questions before you can start talking about actually accessing the phone.

OP
N

Nolenm

Reaction score
i am flashing it to cricket well my friend is he just doesnt wanna do the research to get into diag mode...i just need to find that out then he does the rest

OP
N

Nolenm

Reaction score
he just told me figure out how to get into diag mode and find the drivers for the phone

CellZealot

Reaction score
You and your friend need to do a lot more research before you start any of this.

There is a great deal of information on how to do this online already on many forums including how to get into Diag mode.

You are going to trust someone to do this to your phone who has already told you they don't know how to do it?

Oh, and you didn't answer any of the important questions about your PC.

Trust me...you and your friend are not ready to do this...keep reading! ;)

OP
N

Nolenm

Reaction score
I trust him cause the company he works for will replace my phone of they mess it up and he had flashed all my phones and all of my friends phones..he just hasn't flashed this phone yet he will know what to do after diag mode and he is running xp

OP
N

Nolenm

Reaction score
And I have search for a week and haven't found anything

evilp8ntballer7

Reaction score
you might be thinking of this:

in the phone keypad enter *#*#4636#*#*

then go into phone information

CellZealot

Reaction score
That is not what he is thinking of...he wants to make his phone work on Cricket service and it's a pretty complicated multi step process that invoves editing the NVM to allow the data authentication components to hold Cricket values, flash a Cricket PRL and then run a module to force all the applications layer to use the Cricket proxy that you setup instead of defaulting to the VZW proxy for CDMA data services.

None of this is particularly easy and requires high level knowledge of the NVM and software tools needed for accessing it.

OP
N

Nolenm

Reaction score
Yeah the store he works is the biggest and best store to flash your phone in wichita ks