Service programming / diag mode droid2?

ahso

Reaction score
Hi,
i need help howto enable diag mode droid2 ?
maybe someone here can help me..

many thanks

OP
A

ahso

Reaction score
Hi,
i need help howto enable diag mode droid2 ?
maybe someone here can help me..

many thanks

You talking about the *228?
If so, select 1 to program, 2 to update your roaming capabilities.

hi thanks for reply.
im living outside usa, usually i use droid 1 from verizon, i just need press T + power button to enter diag mode (programming using qpst etc) update prl manual etc, but i got problems this, method is not working with droid2..

fish1552, you know howto do that?

CellZealot

Reaction score
I was able to connect my D2 dev phone to my PC last night and ran a service programming with QPST using the exact same methods as the D1. I didn't change any settings at all in Hardware Virtual Serial Port.
You need to be sure to select PC Mode under USB connection settings for it to load the Motorola Networking driver though.

motorhaith

Reaction score
I was able to connect my D2 dev phone to my PC last night and ran a service programming with QPST using the exact same methods as the D1. I didn't change any settings at all in Hardware Virtual Serial Port.
You need to be sure to select PC Mode under USB connection settings for it to load the Motorola Networking driver though.

hey cellzealot, can you tell me how you got it to work? if you dont mind...

CellZealot

Reaction score
I will try to help you out later tonight...I am off to work now.

I use XP SP3 so the version of HVSP is older and slightly different than the new version for Win7.

If you google it you will find several current tutorials on the web for doing it with Win7.

qutrub

Reaction score
didn't work!!

I tried it as droid 1 but didn't find it on HW.. do I need driver for droid 2?? where can I get them?

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

I tried it as droid 1 but didn't find it on HW.. do I need driver for droid 2?? where can I get them?

When you say living outside the US, do you mean you have the Droid 2 Global?
Here is the link for thr Global Drivers & Software.
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

If you can't get there, I might be able to upload them elsewhere.