MAXX stuck in boot mode

st1100y2k

Reaction score
My phone is stuck in the boot mode.....goes to red rotating electical reactor. I am able to get to
the screen that gives me the following options...

normal power
recovery
ap fastboot
bp sbf flash
bp only
bp hw diag & boot ap
bp tools

I am able to use the vol up and down key to move from each selection but when I use the power key to
try to select on it just goes back to the boot mode and I am stuck again. Which selection should I be making
and which key should I use to actually enter that mode.

Thanks for your help in advance.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you root the phone? Install a ROM? If you haven't done any of these things, you can reboot in recovery and reset phone...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

st1100y2k

Reaction score
Don't know what root means...so I would guess I have never done that. Phone did receive latest upgrade a couple of
weeks ago. So, I should choose "recovery" and then hit which button? Thanks again for your help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Don't know what root means...so I would guess I have never done that. Phone did receive latest upgrade a couple of
weeks ago. So, I should choose "recovery" and then hit which button? Thanks again for your help.

If you are stuck at the Red M Logo and can only get to the Boot Mode Selection Menu, your only options are either the Droid RAZR Utility from Matt L Groff, or a hard reset.

If there are items on the phone that you do not wish to lose, make sure you DO NOT choose to "Wipe" phone data in either option. Before recommending which version of the Droid RAZR Utility to use, I would need to know which version of the Android Operating System as the utility is OS specific. Below are instructions for the Hard Reset from Verizon's website.

[h=1]Hard Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA[/h]
caution.gif
Performing a hard reset removes all data including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings, and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary.

caution.gif
Pictures, Videos and Music are also removed. It is recommended to backup this data.

note.gif
Personal data such as Wi-Fi passwords, Browser bookmarks, User dictionary, a list of installed Market apps and other customized settings can be backed up to and restored from Google's servers.

note.gif
Disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a Hard (Factory) Reset when attempting to determine whether a 3rd party app is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.

1. Power the device off.
    linote.gif
    Press the Power button then select Power off.
    linote.gif
    If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up/Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down.
  6. Select wipe data /Factory Reset then press the Power button.
    linote.gif
    Use Volume keys to navigate options.
  7. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    linote.gif
    linote.gif
    Data wipe may take several moments.
  8. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
    linote.gif
  9. Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

OP
S

st1100y2k

Reaction score
After step 4....I get a green droid with and exclamation point coming from his belly....can't move on from there.

SO, what do I do next?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After step 4....I get a green droid with and exclamation point coming from his belly....can't move on from there.

SO, what do I do next?

Volume up and down at the same time gets you into recovery mode

OP
S

st1100y2k

Reaction score
Well, nothing worked so I took the phone to verizon today. They are sending me a new one overnight. Thanks for everyone help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

SO, what do I do next?

Volume up and down at the same time gets you into recovery mode

This is correct. The Droid with the exclamation point is called the "Triage Screen", and as step 5 (and bruben7886), says, press both volume up and down together and it will take you to the next menu where the Factory Restore option resides. However, it seems you're going the way of a CLNR instead, so you should be good to go with the new phone. Good luck!

cristyhwink

Reaction score
Droid Razr Hd stuck on logo screen, can't select options to do a hard reset, vol up &

A few days after the Kit kat update i woke up and my phone was stuck on the M logo screen. I've tried to do a hard reset, but when it goes to the boot mode selection menu I can use the volume keys to move up & down, but the power button won't select anything, and it quickly goes back to the logo screen. I was able to get it to go to another page while trying to select recovery on the boot menu, which read something about my device being locked, code 0, battery: ok Please help me make my phone workable again, I don't have a contract, so no insurance, or tech support. (i cant get help from tech support without a contract right?)

Danvee

Reaction score
Even without a contract it's under the manufacturer's warranty for whatever the specified period.