Developer Upgrades

dr.droid

Reaction score
In the Android Market/Androlib, do Ratings/Comments carry over when Developers upgrade? Seems to be an issue for them on delaying and launching their upgrades, especially for Droid. Developers are waiting for the websites to fix this feature to carry over their good ratings, presently it resets so we must wait for this issue before we see the quality upgrades.

Reaction score
It's not clear to me what you're referring to. The Android Market keeps everything when a developer updates her app. Sites like Androlib have quite a lot of delay in getting the new content, but they too keep everything after updates.

If it sounds like I'm not understanding you, please clarify. As a developer, I'm very interested in what you're saying.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

OP
D

dr.droid

Reaction score
I've received replies from 2 developers so far, that they are waiting to launch their upgrades because the Androlib site does not acknowledge existing Ratings and Comments and starts over even for upgrades (similar to what Youtube does). Even though I suspect their upgrades are ready, they are waiting for the Androlib website administrators to "fix" this. I'm sorry if I can't be more clear on this.

Really enjoy your PhoneMyPc BTW and since I have your attention, is it possible to reverse the process - PCMyPhone. That would be awesome with all kinds of possibilities like security, wiping, GPS, remotely activating apps etc.

Reaction score
I just looked at Androlib and their rating and feedback span the last several builds. Evidently the developers you spoke to know something we don't.

As for the "PC my Phone" app, we have had many requests for this, and we may pursue it in the future. At present, we don't know how we'd do this on Android, but we may be able to figure something out.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC