Designer Moto X Now Available on AT&T in the United States

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;J3D68F8OItg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3D68F8OItg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

The Moto X Moto Maker program for AT&T just kicked into gear. You can now order a customized version of the Moto X for AT&T, and get the phone on a new two-year contract for just $199.99 subsidized. If you want one of the customized Moto X devices, you can't actually walk into an AT&T physical retail location and get it. If you try to get a custom Moto X from a brick-and-mortar store you will simply get a coupon voucher that you take home and use online at the Motorola Moto Maker website.

If you only want either the white or black version of the device, AT&T retail stores do have that in stock. Sound off in the thread which option you are mulling over for your Moto X purchase. If you go to AT&T's website to grab the device and want to customize yours, it will ultimately redirect you to Motorola's Moto Maker site. Here are link to both below.

Design Your Own Moto X™ - Available Only at AT&T

Moto X by Motorola - A Google Company

Source: MotoXForums.com

TatDroid

Reaction score
So disappointed to see the full retail price of $580. Was really hoping for it to be closer to $400. Come on, Nexus 5!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
$580 is less than the estimates of $650 however.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
/waiting on verizon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

WestOkid

Reaction score
the price was never going to be a Nexus-type price. I have no idea why people thought Moto would become a bargain basement brand. Nexus prices are not there to make money, they are used to promote Android. Heck they don't even want to sell a lot of Nexus devices. why do you think they are always out of stock? Samsung can sell more S4s in one week than Nexus 4s over a year, yet they keep up. Either way, every review says the Camera is below par like every Moto product. This is not an enthusiast phone, it is supposed to be a mainstream phone so how could it have a crappy camera? This phone is disappointing. Check out how this reviewer completely-completely trashes the camera 10:00 Motorola Moto X review [VIDEO]

diesel97

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
moto x 2013
yes he trashes the camera but he is a S4 fanboy, I could'nt tell how bad that pic was

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
$580 is less than the estimates of $650 however.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I guess they figured in they take off $70 (which after taxes going to be closer to the 650 cost any way) they can get people to add accessories.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes he trashes the camera but he is a S4 fanboy, I could'nt tell how bad that pic was

Actually a lot of reviewers complained about the camera, they say that is basically the phones weak area especially in low light. But motorola has never really been big in the camera department vs samsung or htc who do quite well in that area. Motorola's strengths are their radios and battery tech.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Actually a lot of reviewers complained about the camera, they say that is basically the phones weak area especially in low light. But motorola has never really been big in the camera department vs samsung or htc who do quite well in that area. Motorola's strengths are their radios and battery tech.

Exactly. It would be great if you could get a phone with amazing strength in every area, but that's probably not going to happen. Motorola camera is just fine for me. Taking great pictures is what my digital camera is for :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. It would be great if you could get a phone with amazing strength in every area, but that's probably not going to happen. Motorola camera is just fine for me. Taking great pictures is what my digital camera is for :)

It's what is awesome about android. "Choice". You can choose what is important to you. Motorola build quality, battery tech, and radios are what they are good at. I have a note 2 but have to admit I am not a fan of the plastic feel but I make up for the short coming with a solid case (which adds a little bulk) but I am OK with that because I like the screen size and s pen features. The Motorola x reminds me a lot of the galaxy nexus (with much better radios of course). But there is enough choice for everyone...except those of us wanting a slider phone. One of the main reasons I went note 2 was because the industry abandoned the slider so I went with a bigger screen to help with typing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2