deleting items in linked phone contact

jcrs

Reaction score
Instead of having one list of synced google contacts on my phone, I seem to have phone contacts, and google contacts that my phone wants to link.

I have updated several e-mails and phone no's in the google contact, but the old info still remains in the linked contact on the phone, and I can't seem to get rid of it!

I have the yahoo app synced too, so I don't know if this is causing the problem. I thought that if I synced the yahoo, then everything would be synced.

How do I modify contact items that are not google based? There seems to be no command to do this, even if I unlink them. If I unlink them, one disappears.

Very confused!

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So do you mean you're seeing double items for the same person? I had this problem and had to do everything individually, syncing phone #s, emails, etc.

To edit one just go to the contact; press and hold. Edit contact info and whatever you need to change.

Hope that's what you were looking for...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of having one list of synced google contacts on my phone, I seem to have phone contacts, and google contacts that my phone wants to link.

I have updated several e-mails and phone no's in the google contact, but the old info still remains in the linked contact on the phone, and I can't seem to get rid of it!

I have the yahoo app synced too, so I don't know if this is causing the problem. I thought that if I synced the yahoo, then everything would be synced.

How do I modify contact items that are not google based? There seems to be no command to do this, even if I unlink them. If I unlink them, one disappears.

Very confused!

Thanks!

To be honest i like having contacts based on google. but i change roms regularly, I suggest using google just in case you have to factory reset or something like that. If youd like you can even edit your contact list through your computer... And if you really just want to be offline, then i think turning off sync will do the trick. Just go to accounts, and turn sync off.

jbdow

Reaction score
Right - forgot about that- thx ilikemoneygreen,

r, john