How can I turn off the automatic linking up of contacts?

djdome

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post (yay). And here's my first question... Why does the Droid link a new contact 3 times? (Ex: Google, Google & Phone Contacts) I understand the Google one but I hate that I have to unlink the contacts everytime I add someone new... Is there anyway to turn this off? Because if I don't unlink them, they will recieve a text message 3 times... and I'm sure that can get annoying lol Hope to hear from ya'll soon... Thanks : )

-DJ Dome

OP
D

djdome

Reaction score
I don't know how to get to the power 'control widget part' of your post lol Is it in my settings?

drivinfocused

Reaction score
oh you're on the D2........ i think it pretty much is the same... on one of your home screens press and hold... a menu should pop up.... click widgets.... then scroll down to power control widget.... hope that helps

OP
D

djdome

Reaction score
Just got it.. thanks for the help everyone! : ) And just so I don't open a new thread (lol) if I've assigned a ringtone to someone and decide to take it off, how do I do so? I've deleted it (the ringtone) off my phone and it still rings the assigned tone instead of ringing the default : /