Deleting Custom Tones

Eric90

Reaction score
Since I can make custom tones for both ring and text i have been having fun making tones for all my friends and co workers. Sadly whenever I make a mistake on the tone its still saved to my phone. How can i delete these custom tones so i don't have a few of them clogging up my phone?

OP
E

Eric90

Reaction score
So the only way is to root the phone. I was wanting to avoid rooting just cause it kinda scares me (first droid phone and first phone i could root/mod) I don't wanna screw it up lol

Ringdroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nah there should be a ringdroid folder on ur sdcard where they are stored. the5barrons was referring to deleting stock ringtones. just use a file manager (like astro) to delete the ones u dont want

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you can delete the ringdroid tones straight from ringdroid by long pressing them and choosing delete.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
E

Eric90

Reaction score
Now I feel like a idoit. Thanks all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
nah there should be a ringdroid folder on ur sdcard where they are stored. the5barrons was referring to deleting stock ringtones. just use a file manager (like astro) to delete the ones u dont want

This guy is right. But its in media not ringdroid. Any ringtone not stock will be under /SD/media/audio regardless of app used to make it. there you will find folders for alarms, notifications, and ringtones. Also the easiest way to make custom ringtones is to simply put the audio or song you want there.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App