Deleting an e-mail and it reappears - WTH?!

DroidZ06

Reaction score
This has started happening to me for some reason. I get an alert that I have an e-mail

(with aol), then I check and delete the e-mail. When I go back to the home screen,

within a few seconds, I get the e-mail alert again, and I check the 'new' e-mail to find

out it is exactly the one I just deleted. Does this happen to anyone? Is there a fix to

this?

:mad:

styx

Reaction score
It happen to me too. I'm not sure why it did it but I deleted the email that was causing the problem on my PC and it never happened again.

OP
DroidZ06

DroidZ06

Reaction score
@ bdbraaten: I'll have to try K9.

@ styx: I do the same too. I open it on my phone and don't delete it. When I access my e-mail from my computer is when I delete it. It's a fix, but shouldn't have to be this way.

Thanks guys

DroidFan

Reaction score
It's just a guess, but I'm thinking it's the way the phone and the server are syncing up. I may delete it from my phone, but my computer hasn't yet synced up (different time interval), so the computer gets it and then it resyncs with the phone, resulting in a reappeared message; however, if I let it go long enough or just hit "refresh" the message will disappear. It happens once in a blue moon for me too on the stock email app. But once the 2 reconcile, it never seems to come back...

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
when i first got my droid i setup my Hotmail account and i was shocked to see emailed i had from 2003 !!!!!! So somewhere they are all stored... 6-7 yr old emails that i deleted all them years ago just appeared after setting up my droid.. kinda scary...

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
I've had the same problem happen with re-appearring email with K-9 Mail. Never experienced it with the stock email app. I thought about removing K-9, but decided to live with it and keep it cause it is way better than the stock app

Mars

Reaction score
there is a ghost in your machine :icon_ devil:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I know exactly what you mean. I used to have a BB and when I checked the emails and or deleted them, it was done and I didnt get the again. I could even delete the emails with my BB and I would not even see them on my pc. But with my Droid, however, unless I delete the email from my pc I will get them over and over again, doesnt matter how many times I read them or delete them, because they are still on the pc they are resent several times to my Droid. And since I have both work and personal email accounts on my Droid it gets a bit frustrating.

littlerick

Reaction score
you gotta change your outgoing mail setting to delete from server. go to account settings, incoming settings, then at the bottom delete email from server, click on that and choose when i delete from inbox

droidtom

Reaction score
me too

This was my problem with the stock app. Switched to K9 and never had it happen again. I verified that the stock app was set to delete, changed it off of that, changed it back. It's been mentioned a lot that the stock app does this.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
you gotta change your outgoing mail setting to delete from server. go to account settings, incoming settings, then at the bottom delete email from server, click on that and choose when i delete from inbox

Thanks for that. I was able to change my personal email account but not my work. I guess there is some setting on my work's end that will not let me delete remotely.