Delete Trash Email Deletes on Server

jakebrob

Reaction score
THIS IS RIDICULOUS... I AM MISSING MY BLACKBERRY!

I've had my HTC Incredible run out of phone storage twice (to where it will not receive or send texts or emails). Finally found trash email folder was holding a lot of data (in form of email attachments). When I delete email from the trash folder on my droid it is deleting it from my server too. I lost like 2 years of business email this way. The "Delete Mail on Server" setting is set to off.

This is a major issue. If I do not delete the emails from the Droid's trash folder, my phone can't receive texts or email. If I do, I lose the email entirely. I can't believe I haven't found anyone else reporting this problem yet. There's no way to put a dollar value on the lost business emails (potential customer contacts) from the past 2 years in business. This is ridiculous! I went in to return the phone on the 30th day (last day to do that with Verizon) and the guy at the store said there was no way the Droid would do this and my loss of emails on my server must have been a coincidence. Well it happened again today and it is definitely not. I thought I was buying a cutting edge phone but got a business killer.

Is there a solution? Anyone else experience this? My email is with GoDaddy.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Ive heard alot of bad things from GoDaddy so this might actually be thier issue as opposed to the androids. How exactly are you deleting the emails since their are a few methods.
1) menu>delete>mark selected emails for detetion>delete

2) long press on email> delete

3) open email to read> delete (this method never works for me)

OP
J

jakebrob

Reaction score
It happens on #1. The other two send the email to the trash folder on my phone. I've seen other posts blaming the email server, but all I know is my blackberry never did this. Nor does Outlook.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
While I'm thinking about it, are you using a memory card in your phone? I only ask because you said that you are running out if memory in your phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rayjj

Reaction score
I've deleted plenty of emails on the DI and never lost them on the server at all.

Side note, don't you backup your business email? 2 years of non backed up work emails is not a smart move.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
My 2 thoughts are this: its entirely possible that go daddy does not support android 100% with that said you might want to get a gmail account and push your emails to that account. However, I'm not done trying to figure this issue out so don't think I'm just going to shrug you off

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk