Deleting emails from phone only.

NicotineRush

Reaction score
Hello. I need to be able to delete emails from the Incredible only. Currently, when I delete an email on the phone, it deletes from the server, (typical IMAP/POP3 server), and my email client, (Thunderbird). Verizon tech support has told me there is no way of just deleting off the phone.
Any ideas?
Any apps available to fix this?

Thanks
Tom

mdardenelle

Reaction score
delete email from phone only

Hello. I need to be able to delete emails from the Incredible only. Currently, when I delete an email on the phone, it deletes from the server, (typical IMAP/POP3 server), and my email client, (Thunderbird). Verizon tech support has told me there is no way of just deleting off the phone.
Any ideas?
Any apps available to fix this?

Thanks
Tom

Tom: go to your in box> click menu> settings, >send/receive, towards the bottom, click "delete mail on server" to remove the check mark. Hope this helps. I'm looking for a way to keep my email ON my phone longer than it does....Michael

OP
N

NicotineRush

Reaction score
Thanks, but that's the first thing I looked for. It is not an option that is available when using an IMAP server. I've learned to live with it. If you move the emails you want to save out of your inbox, (on your local machines email client), they are removed from the phone.
Tom

mdardenelle

Reaction score
Thanks, but that's the first thing I looked for. It is not an option that is available when using an IMAP server. I've learned to live with it. If you move the emails you want to save out of your inbox, (on your local machines email client), they are removed from the phone.
Tom

I dont have problems with mine doing that, but I am finding that emails automatically get deleted from my phone even if I still have not read them or moved them from the computer. I did a test email last night at 9:20, it came to the phone, and this morning it was gone. I'm also trying to figure out how to cancel all reminders on calendar events. I don't request a reminder yet they show up....<sigh>....Michael

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go into gmail on line you can set it up to leave a copy on the server in the settings.

mdardenelle

Reaction score
If you go into gmail on line you can set it up to leave a copy on the server in the settings.

Thanks...but I do not remove them from the server. This morning 3 emails came through on the phone, and they were gone within 10 minutes. This didnt happen before 2.2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks...but I do not remove them from the server. This morning 3 emails came through on the phone, and they were gone within 10 minutes. This didnt happen before 2.2

That's what I said. It leaves a copy on the server. Isn't that what you wanted?

mdardenelle

Reaction score

That's what I said. It leaves a copy on the server. Isn't that what you wanted?

I want the copy left on the server AND the phone, and be able to control both myself as to when to delete. They are deleting from the phone automatically. I find when I re-enter the mailfolder, all former emails get deleted. I want to be able to delete when I want, what I want.

mdardenelle

Reaction score
Check and see what time limit you have for keeping emails on your phone. That is adjustable. Make sure it is set to more than one day.

HTC says it's an Outlook setting. I changed it to "leave messages on server" and so far it seems to be working OK. Thanks for the reply.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Good deal. Yeah, Outlook has been known to not like playing nice. Microsoft tends to have the language a little more complex than it has to be, making syncing a pain in the butt on occasion. I imagine you should be good from now on out. I had this same thing on my old WinMo phone now that I understand exactly what you were describing.