Delete email account

sheltiezone

Reaction score
Somehow, my yahoo email account was set up twice on my Droid 4 (same email address on both) - the icons are different and the account looks and operates differently with each one. I would like to delete one of them. I have tried Settings*Accounts&Sync*select account to delete* and menu..... but I just get "snyk now?" the menu key does not give any choices, or a delete option? How can I get one of the acounts off of my phone?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Have you tried holding down the one you want to delete and see if you get an option to delete it?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I'm going by a Galaxy SIII way here, I don't have my Bionic on me to compare with Motorola. But when you click on the account you want to delete, do you see a little trash can on top right? If so click that while you have the account open. Hope this helps.

OP
S

sheltiezone

Reaction score
Thaks for trying to help. No trash can, or anything. Holding down on the account does not do anything. I will keep looking. Just got the Droid 4 a few days ago. Had an Incredible (HTC).

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You may have to delete the account from a computer. But there should be an option to un-sync it. That should stop notifications from the other account until you can find a way to delete it.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS