Delayed Notifications

Bum

Reaction score
I have a hotmail and gmail account both set linked to send me notifications when I receive new e-mails and stuff. For some reason, I either never get a notification of a new e-mail or I get a very delayed notification of the e-mail. Yesterday, I didn't get any notifications, but when I got home and checked my e-mail on my pc, I had 8 new e-mails. I've also noticed that if I receive a new comment or message on facebook, that also does not notify me. Has anybody had this problem?

theonuts

Reaction score
same here too. seems about 2 days ago, my email has stopped getting updates from my hotmail account. i never changed any settings or anything. even when i go in and hit "load more messages" it just keeps refreshing.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bump...same issues here

I haven't had that issue, but I use gmail so maybe it sync's better?
If it helps I'm using a rooted phone but I don't think that should matter.

Mostly I'm posting to congratulate your searching skills. This is quite the bump!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have both Hotmail and Gmail and the Gmail Sync is nearly flawless while the Hotmail is completely unreliable, I gave up on it and set the "email check frequency" to "never". If I want to check my hotmail I will go in and click "refresh" if it gets stuck on "loading messages" I back out and try again. The Gmail I simply click my System Sync and everything updates i.e. gmail, facebook, twitter ect

garryyjr

Reaction score
Bump, Been having this issue since i got the Droid. It does it rooted and unrooted. Any idea yet?

kristaa

Reaction score
I have had the same issues for awhile!! if i restart my phone i notices it gives you notifications then but then it goes back to the same problem. I also noticed this has been happening with my text message notification as well. Theres been times i dont get a text to an hour later!

maccs138

Reaction score
Same here...
I have a crackberry from my company that I was using before I got my Droid X that i still have facebook and my email accounts on and my crackberry gets emails and notifications 15-30 min before my Droid does (with the exception of gmail of course...) It seems that I do eventually get them all though...

Anyone had any luck with this? Called Verizon or Google or something? I got my X two days ago and i'm trying to decide if the annoying notification thing is worth the benifits.... Any updates would be helpful...

maccs138

Reaction score
Mine is not rooted so I don't believe it makes a difference. Also the issue fluctuates dramatically, sometimes there is no delay and other times it could bee 40min if i get them at all...

garryyjr

Reaction score
Same here.. i can get them 2-3 hours.. Your reply.. got instantly.

maccs138

Reaction score
It is very frustrating and about the only complaint I have with the phone... I'm hoping that the froyo update will help but i am not holding my breath... I haven't talked to verizon about it yet but I don't know if its worth the hastle...

garryyjr

Reaction score
I'm on the phone right now.. 3 Verizon guy's and now a moto guy... Nothing yet........... finger crossed

garryyjr

Reaction score
They told me to reset my phone.. Erase everything.. if that doesn't work.. Send the phone in.. No i have to save my screens, bookmarks, backup apps then i will do it.. Let you guys know the outcome

garryyjr

Reaction score
Well, i reset, factory reset my phone yesterday. As of now, It looks like i am getting the notifications 'on time' within 2 minutes or so. I will continue to monitor it and see what happens.

Back EVERYTHING up if you do it, Bookmarks, Apps.. Pain in the ass to set all your screen back up.

Will not lose root if rooted!