FORUM Questions

Kevin8se7en

Reaction score
I'm new and I didn't see a thread dedicated to forum questions so I figured i'd start one.

I have a few questions myself.

1. How do I turn off notification e-mails?
Every time someone responds to a message I write on here, I get an e-mail.. I don't ant to receive emails from here. I'm sick of hearing "DROID" lol.

2. Is there another Skin for the Forum, and if so, how do I change it?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
click "user cp" in the top left of your screen, scroll down to "edit options", and the options for your subscriptions are about half way down that page.

welcome to the forums, kevin!

Stigy

Reaction score
They are currently working on a mobile version of the site, but there are other plans in the future is what I was told.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey there kevin

First of all, lemme Pin this one up and make it "Official Board Questions"-Thread ;)

1. How do I turn off notification e-mails?
Every time someone responds to a message I write on here, I get an e-mail.. I don't ant to receive emails from here. I'm sick of hearing "DROID" lol.

Email Notifications appear, when u subscribe to a Thread. By default u subscribe to all threads u start and u post 2. To switch that off enter User-CP > EditOptions > Default Subscription Mode and change that the way u want it to be!

2. Is there another Skin for the Forum, and if so, how do I change it?

NO! At the moment there isnt any other skin. Why should? dont u like the skin we have? What would u like to c instead?

Well, all i can sa from now, is that we r definetly working on a mobile version of our forums, but as most of u got a droid, there is no real hurry in there. But it will be implemented, our great and wise admins r working on it FOR YOU!

:)

Greetings
Tigger

Last edited:

Randoa

Reaction score
Considering I most often browse this forum from a Droid, making it phone friendly would be great.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
If I might be a little selfish... A request if you will for the mobile site...

..I'd love the full array of Smileys available like if I was on a desktop. When I'm on the Dr0id I can't dive any deeper than the first 6 on the scrolldown.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
If I might be a little selfish... A request if you will for the mobile site...

..I'd love the full array of Smileys available like if I was on a desktop. When I'm on the Dr0id I can't dive any deeper than the first 6 on the scrolldown.

Hmmm....that will be difficult. I dont know any mobile forums site wif full smiley features....but we will forward ur request to the admins!

J

JohnDroid

On the mobile skin we are going to try and keep the images to a minimum. Keep in mind, if you learn the text code for the smiley you can use them anytime without bringing them up or even having to display them. The text code is listed right next to them smiley, something like this:

:smileytextcode:

R1Lover

Reaction score
On the mobile skin we are going to try and keep the images to a minimum. Keep in mind, if you learn the text code for the smiley you can use them anytime without bringing them up or even having to display them. The text code is listed right next to them smiley, something like this:

:smileytextcode:

Just a note... it would have been nice if you would have given the smilies a good name rather then letting the forum pick it up from the title of the images you used. It's much easier to do them by :name, but when the names are all screwed up it's tougher to remember... :)

Just trying to help, also if you do modify them, loose the ending : as well... :)

so here is an example

Code:
:pissed
:happy
:beer
:notworthy
:ban
etc....