Defiantly not an iPhone

ezziriah

Reaction score
I've never owned the iPhone. But have used one, however I did own
the iPod touch which I loved! !!!!! I'm not feeling all the hype with this Droid. Am I missing something here??
Does Verizon have a return policy were I could return it?
could I get my money back for what I paid and does anyone know if I could get my deposit I paid back???

Foolish

Reaction score
You have thirty days to take it back as a new phone and I believe 15 days to end new service. While it surely is no iPhone trust me I came from a 3gs and a 2g LOL I am growing to love this phone. It does so much without me even having to jailbreak it and worry about new updates. So the hype is real I think the only thing I miss about the iPhone are the games and the fact that the hi seems more polished but I would never go back to high prices and crappy coverage. So explain your issues people here are awesome maybe we can help you see the light as well

OP
E

ezziriah

Reaction score
:iphone: well I Love how I can use my iPod touch to get movies and TV shows without having to do anything. I don't even have to go online. The same goes for podcasts and music. I had certain apps on my iPod I used and used them for a long time some that made life much easier. The keypad seems much smaller than what I'm used to as well.

jedidroid

Reaction score
sure isn't ...It has nicer screen. you can acutally make calls and receive texts with it,
and as a bonus, you get your voice mail within seconds of a person leaving one.....

Iphone is sure isn't....

Should be really called Idumb.

rlb

Reaction score
:iphone: well I Love how I can use my iPod touch to get movies and TV shows without having to do anything. I don't even have to go online. The same goes for podcasts and music. I had certain apps on my iPod I used and used them for a long time some that made life much easier. The keypad seems much smaller than what I'm used to as well.

Return it if you're upset that it's different. Or give it time and you'll get used to it, and the apps will catch up too.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

And yet i still remember the first iphone, basically a brick that could call people. The only problem with iphones for most people is to do alot of what alot of people want to do with them they have to jailbreak them. I would easily say within 6 months the app store for android OS's will have around 40k apps. Probably alot of apps that are iphone apps they've just ported over to the android system.

The thing is, if your unhappy with your purchase and you think the phone is terrible, take it back. No one is going to make you keep it. You have 30 days to return the phone, though I believe after 3 days you have to pay a restock fee. Good-Luck with your future endeavors.

synctek

Reaction score
Never owned the IPhone cuz of the network mainly - VZ rox!!!
I do have the Ipod Touch and it is kewl as IPODS go but for a smart phone, the droid is the better choice. One selling point for me is the battery - the life is great and I can put a new one in if I play hard - instead of plugging it in. Give in to peer pressure....keep your droid - you'll be glad you did!!!!!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What are your specific issues with the phone?

Other than the missing apple logo on the back?

I've never owned the iPhone. But have used one, however I did own
the iPod touch which I loved! !!!!! I'm not feeling all the hype with this Droid. Am I missing something here??
Does Verizon have a return policy were I could return it?
could I get my money back for what I paid and does anyone know if I could get my deposit I paid back???

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Quit feeding the Trolls....

OP
E

ezziriah

Reaction score
okay okay! I'm going to give Droid the Chance. Almost everyone I know is on the VZ Network, so that is the main reason why I went with VZ Droid. My main issues are:
Movies, can I add them to the Droid? If so how?
Music can I add music to the SD Card and it work on the droid?
I'm a big blog and news reader so looking for an RSS or Feed Reader, can anyone suggest a good one? a widget I don't want something that is going to redirect me to the mobile site.
So, that is all I can think of right now.

miglo

Reaction score
Movies, can I add them to the Droid? If so how?
Music can I add music to the SD Card and it work on the droid?

Of course you can add movies/music to the DROID. Hell, the screen on it blows away the iphone. I know, since I still have my iphone 3g, which is now my 2yr old's media player.

Just make a folder on the SD card, I called mine Movies, and copy the movies over. It plays the same format as the iphone/ipods. Just make sure its and .mp4 file.

OP
E

ezziriah

Reaction score
Okay, I added some music but how do I find it? There was song songs I just put in my music folder and one was just a playlist but for some reason I can't find the playlist, any tips on how to find it.