Default Music App Slow?

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the default DI music app gets really slow/sluggish when you put a lot of music on your SD card? When I had 1GB of music, using the default was quick, snappy, etc. Moving between the different options (artist, playlist, etc) was quick and worked great. Now that I've loaded more music on there, the app ALWAYS runs slow. It takes forever to load artists, and it seems like it tries to reload them every time. It takes forever to navigate through the different menus. Going back and forth between Now Playing and the music lists takes forever. It's just really slow and sluggish. The odd thing is, the other music players I have, bTunes and Mixzing, aren't slow or sluggish at all. They were great. I just have always like the default app because I like the layout, the widget, and the lockscreen controls are great.

Any ideas why this would be happening? Is anyone else experiencing this? I tried deleted the music and re-applying it to the SD card- same issue.

Thanks!

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
you need to get a faster sd card, probably only solution

I would agree with that but if my SD card is too slow, why can bTunes and Mixzing handle it just fine? Those 2 apps having no trouble with my tunes, and are very, very fast. There are also no other performance issues with any other apps. My DI is snappy fast all the time. Is the HTC music app just poorly made or something? I just can't seem to handle a lot of music very well, while other music apps handle it just fine....

atomicrm

Reaction score
in that case i would say yes the htc music app is poorly made. htc doesnt make the best products really. i love my incredible but its not the best build quality ive ever seen. nor is their software.