music apps not working

Meat Smoothie

Reaction score
My first post on this forum. I signed up because of this problem.

After I deleted some albums off my sd card (using my computer, not the phone itself), they still showed up in every music player I have. The albums dont show up in astro file viewer and windows explorer, but they are still in every music player. I unmounted and mounted the sd card and rebooted the phone a few times, and nothing helped.
All of my music players are also acting really slow. Like, every time I open mixzing, it spends 10 seconds before any artists show up, and if I open an album, it takes another 10 seconds to show the songs.

Before I try formating my sd card, can anyone help me?

Game4set

Reaction score
So while you're on your homescreen, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and try to find something called "Media Storage". Go there and press "Clear data" and that should clear any previous data (cache, etc) that it had stored from before. And also just in case press "clear data on the "Music" application in the Manage Applications section.

OP
M

Meat Smoothie

Reaction score
So while you're on your homescreen, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and try to find something called "Media Storage". Go there and press "Clear data" and that should clear any previous data (cache, etc) that it had stored from before. And also just in case press "clear data on the "Music" application in the Manage Applications section.

Thank you. I did this and it finally worked.