Decision Help?

rhindon

Reaction score
What do you all recommend? I'm pretty sure I want to upgrade from the Droid 2 to the Droid 4. I prefer the real keyboard and want the 4G speeds? I'm not sure that Global really matters as I don't travel outside of the U.S. (maybe a cruise at some point, not sure) at all.

I'm a little worried about the lack of removable battery. When my D2 "acts up", I just pop the battery for a minute or so, then replace it. That seems to fix nearly every problem.

Should I just on the phone at release or wait a week, two, etc? Not sure if I should wait and see if there are any known bugs. How long would you wait if you wanted to upgrade?

reybie

Reaction score
My D1 is just dying a very slow death right now for me to worry about the non-removable battery. If it fails and it could, that's the time I will worry about it.

amishdude01

Reaction score
If the droid 4 acts up, there is a command that you do ( I think you hold the power button and the up slider button for a few seconds.. I might be wrong) to reset the phone.The Razr has the same thing. Also it is not confirmed that the battery is non-removable. IMO, it would be smart to wait a week or two to see what people think of the D4 before you would purchase it. I know ill be getting this on release day just because I have been waiting since November for the D4. I do think the D4 will be a success and wont let you down if you are into qwerty's, but thats just my opinion and I am basing that off of reviews I have watched. Go with your gut when it comes to picking phones. D4 for me! =)

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
are there downfalls to getting it right at release date? If there are problems, will they fix them for you? I'm pretty convinced I'll get the D4, just not sure if bug fixes would be a problem.

amishdude01

Reaction score
Usually Motorola delivers updates for their flagship devices such as the droid bionic, razr, my droid x and so on...I would bank on Motorola having an update on bugs in the future for the Droid 4. Supposedly it will get the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) later on as well. I just dont exactly know when .. Im guessing around 2-5 months for a bug update but I have no idea about Android 4.0. From what ive seen, I would not be too concerned about bugs for the D4. You and I are both coming from a 1ghz processor and 3g. You probably are as excited as I am getting 4g and a dual core processor. =) hope this helps!

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
Yes I am and yes it is. :D

Thank you!

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Another Droid 2 user here, and I'm really eyeing this phone. The whole removable battery debacle has me hesitating to pull the trigger, and I'd have to buy a new car dock, but those are about it, really. I like upgrading every other version, so the Droid 4 would be it. Granted, my D2 is still running pretty well with a custom ROM that keeps things pretty neat and efficient. dancedroid

I'd really like to get on to the 4G network as soon as I can. Honestly, if it weren't for the 4G, I'd probably wait a bit longer until my existing phone is completely unbearable. But, knowing my luck, the DROID 6 will be running 5G or something similar, heh.

I think just posting this reply buried my hesitation on pulling the trigger, wow...

Last edited:

reybie

Reaction score
I just want to play words with friends faster dancedroidDancingNexus:icon_ banana:

blackmagick20

Reaction score
What do you all recommend? I'm pretty sure I want to upgrade from the Droid 2 to the Droid 4. I prefer the real keyboard and want the 4G speeds? I'm not sure that Global really matters as I don't travel outside of the U.S. (maybe a cruise at some point, not sure) at all.

I'm a little worried about the lack of removable battery. When my D2 "acts up", I just pop the battery for a minute or so, then replace it. That seems to fix nearly every problem.

Should I just on the phone at release or wait a week, two, etc? Not sure if I should wait and see if there are any known bugs. How long would you wait if you wanted to upgrade?

I recommend you go to the store, play with the phones you are considering, and then strap on the big boy pants and make a grown up decision for yourself

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Haley

Reaction score
Droid 2 user also.. wondering if the Droid 4 is the right choice for me
I too am worried about not being able to remove the battery :/
What if I want an extended one!