Help with Upgade Decision

termn8er

Reaction score
Up until a few minutes ago, I was thinking of upgrading to the Fascinate. I read the review here and I might think about it a bit more from a device standpoint, but it sounds like most of the issues were UI and Froyo related, both of which can and/or will be resolved soon.

So my issue is my free every two is not up until mid March. I am not sure how much of a discount I would get at that point, I will call and ask, but I know through Amazon, I can upgrade today for $99.

If I wait, I might be able to get a newer feature rich product, but all of the new products I have seen are not worth holding off for. Now with the new 4G announced, but initially not in my area of Portland, should I wait for a 4G phone?

I am really itching to get an android phone and switch from my BB Tour. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. I think the most important part in this decision would be if a better phone was just on the horizon, I just don't see anything groundbreaking around the corner.

Thanks
Mike

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Unless your full upgrade is now id wait. I got 2 months til vmy new every is up but until then verizon calls it early upgrade which is only good through them. Walmart had the droid x for $99 if you upgrade and I tried it and verizon declined it over ealry upgrades from them only. Months 13 - 19 on a contract you can early upgrade through verizon only for a $20 charge. Months 20 - 24 and up your have a full upgrade with no extra charge. At that point you can use any company to get a discount on a phone to upgrade. Sucks imo, bc droid x, droid 2, droid incredible and fasicinate are all $299 with $100 mail in rebate from verizon currently. And normal price of x at walmart is $180 with no rebate or the special of $99 they had going on. So check your upgrade eligability before getting ahead of yourself on a upgrade from anywhere but verizon for a few more months.

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 1.0.0 using Tapatalk

Eschy

Reaction score
Im thinking hold out until january, i guaranteeing you wont be dissapointed

OP
T

termn8er

Reaction score
Eschy,

I assume you mean wait for new phones? I spoke with Verizon that said the difference in waiting until March is $30. They would charge $199 after $100 rebate today, plus $20. Amazon says I can upgrade through them for $99 without any need for a rebate or the twenty bucks. With what RafficaX said, I am not sure this would work, but unless I am waiting for a new unannounced phone, it is probably worth the try.

So is there something worth waiting for Eschy :)!

Eschy

Reaction score
Waiting for the moto Olympus should be dropping in January. If not that then there is a new Samsung phone that is rumored to have a 2 ghz processor and 1 gig ram. That is almost the same specs as my laptop. The Olympus has the tegra 2 processor. Q1 2011 should be pretty epic. Oh also there are rumors of a nexus 2 coming before Christmas so I say hold out it'll be worth it. sorry it took so long to respond

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

termn8er

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the input. I was just a click away from buying the Fascinate, but have decided to wait and agree that between the new faster phones and 4G I should have some nice choices. In the mean time, I am waiting for my Archos 101 tablet, so I can still get my droid itch scratched!

:greendroid::icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Moved to the proper area.

More visibility and input to your question. There are some great phones coming out at the end of this year and into next year.

Decisions decisions : )

Goodluck!!