Debating a Bionic...

TheJester34

Reaction score
I'm debating getting a Bionic, thanks to a loop hole that I have someone at Verizon trying to get me the unlimited data again (I was unaware I got a one year upgrade since I was the main line. So I was eligible for an upgrade in March, well before the unlimited data cutoff). So if she comes through for me, I'm gonna look into a Bionic. I just can't figure out if I would rather have that or an iPhone (blasphemy, I know). I'm thinking Bionic because I love Android. But I'm thinking iPhone because it works, it's $100 cheaper, and I don't necessarily have to have the greatest thing out. Give me some pros and cons, help a brother out!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm debating getting a Bionic, thanks to a loop hole that I have someone at Verizon trying to get me the unlimited data again (I was unaware I got a one year upgrade since I was the main line. So I was eligible for an upgrade in March, well before the unlimited data cutoff). So if she comes through for me, I'm gonna look into a Bionic. I just can't figure out if I would rather have that or an iPhone (blasphemy, I know). I'm thinking Bionic because I love Android. But I'm thinking iPhone because it works, it's $100 cheaper, and I don't necessarily have to have the greatest thing out. Give me some pros and cons, help a brother out!

I think you should for sure go with android! ;-) I'm biased. There's a while lot more you can do with it and the specs are better. Personally, I think right now is a bad time to get a phone. The vigor is coming, and the prime (first phone with ics) and the iPhone 5 excuse me.. 4s... xD If you were considering it. Wait to see the playing field of ios and android, for this Christmas

fixy2273

Reaction score
I don't know what the normal insurance costs through Verizon, but I bought my Bionic at a local third party vendor for Verizon. I always buy my phones from them because I love their insurance. Pay $100 up front, and $40 deductible to replace the phone for 20 months. I've had to use it before and it's never been a hassle at all. Walk in the store, hand them the old phone, walk out with a new one. I intended to get an iPhone, but when I found out that they aren't allowed to offer that insurance on the iPhone and the only insurance they can offer for it costs $120 more over the 20 months with a higher deductible, it was an easy call for me. The Bionic was actually cheaper in the long run and it was the phone I really wanted anyway.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Just do us all a favor and get an iPhone and get out if the Android community. A true Droider would not be drawn to the darkside. I'm just kidding. If you want an iPhone get an iPhone but if your taking recommendations I'd would 100% recommend the Bionic. I love mine and I can completely see myself being satisfied with it until my next upgrade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
:icon_ rofl: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop the extra money for the Bionic as long as I can get the data. If not, I'll sit on my Rogue until next March

llamarox8

Reaction score
[video=youtube;8lU1qT0V2OM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lU1qT0V2OM[/video]

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I love the Snickers Ice Cream Bars, why didn't they call it that!?!?! WOWOLOLOLWOWOWLWOL

Seriously though, what is the big thing about ICS?

Its the next operating system, which will come to the bionic sometime soon afterwards. Especially with google buying moto's mobile division.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Its the next operating system, which will come to the bionic sometime soon afterwards. Especially with google buying moto's mobile division.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I notice you say soon. I wouldn't count on that...