Dear moderators

Jarmer

Reaction score
I only have one humble request for this forum:

Can you please stop deleting entire threads? I don't mean to criticize your handling of this forum or Liquid's work at all, I LOVE this rom more than any other I've ever tried, but this has now happened on several occasions... Someone posts a thread with an interesting question or issue or whatnot, then I come back a day or two later, and it's gone...!

Most recently was the thread about SMS/MMS notifications. Why was that deleted? I was really wondering what the issue was... Several people mentioned they had the same issue, so it's obviously not isolated, but why was the thread removed? I did get an update in my email saying the thread was responded to a bunch, so I read the replies in my email and it's clear the issue wasn't solved. There was another case of this exact thing happening during the preview release as well.

I'm just wondering, why are these threads being deleted?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it wasn't deleted. Maybe it was just located to the correct area. There would be a link to it in the same area it was at originally.

People post in the wrong areas all the time, just like you did and we have to move the thread.

Outside of that if there is a reason that the thread got deleted it's probably because the conversation was talking about a subject that isn't allowed in the Droid Forums. If that happens, we inform the OP by pm. But we usually will close a post, not delete it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Maybe you might want to ask liquid0624 before you go accusing Mods of deleting threads.

I can see 21 threads in that forum that were deleted by Him.

OP
Jarmer

Jarmer

Reaction score
hm, I suppose I addressed the message wrong then. By "moderators" I didn't mean you guys, I've never had any issue with what you all do! even moving this thread, I understand... I moreso was asking the liquid team themselves, since I was pretty sure it was them who did the deleting or moving, etc...

So I'm not accusing you guys of deleting the threads, I'm just asking a general question to droidforums / teamliquid: why are those threads being deleted?

I obviously did not know liquid himself had removed so many, interesting.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hm, I suppose I addressed the message wrong then. By "moderators" I didn't mean you guys, I've never had any issue with what you all do! even moving this thread, I understand... I moreso was asking the liquid team themselves, since I was pretty sure it was them who did the deleting or moving, etc...

So I'm not accusing you guys of deleting the threads, I'm just asking a general question to droidforums / teamliquid: why are those threads being deleted?

I obviously did not know liquid himself had removed so many, interesting.

I didn't look like BnB did, I just thought that you had posted a general question about the Forum. Send him a pm and ask him what's up.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just about every deleted thread in the Liquid section is deleted by him. Messes with my post count something awful... ;)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
liquid wants to keep the problems to the main threads so as not to overload the section with thread after thread and then theres too many and you cant find the one you want. if there was something in that thread you wanted to see pm me ill pull it up for you no prob

OP
Jarmer

Jarmer

Reaction score
haha husker, yeah I noticed one day I was like "hey wha...? I'm a Junior droid again now?!" .. I think I've gone in and out of junior droid status about 5 times now, lol.

And circs, thanks for explaining. I guess it's a personal preference made by the devs. Respectfully, I disagree with his handling of that though. My reason is the sheer volume of posts that go into the release threads. I work a LOT, so often I can only check the forums here every few days, and if there is a recent release, it could take FOREVER to read through all the posts. Also, in those release threads, there are a lot of "thanks!" or "wohoo!" posts, which isn't bad at all, but just obscures the issue posts. Often, if I haven't checked the forum in a few days and there are about 200 new posts in a release thread, I won't even bother reading it because it takes so long.

IMO I feel that dedicated threads to issues often solve things quicker because they are more organized and visible. But you all are the devs so will make the ultimate choice on that. Just my .02

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Jarmer
I too have the same time crunch issues.
I suggest you switch over to printable version on thread tools at top of thread, then switch to 40 messages per page.
It cuts down the amount of time spent, plus you can do a search of 40 posts at a time to see if what you are looking for is mentioned.
Try it and you may find you have a better experience when you don't have time for full on forum hot action.

atcjeff

Reaction score
I posted a question to this forum about LGB and metamorph. Got a few responses but was deleted after less than a day. No link that it was moved, no pm saying why it was deleted, just gone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Suggestion, maybe making a seperate thread for bugs as they pop out releases would solve this. When a new release comes out Liquid could just delete the bugs thread of previous version as it would most likey be obsolete.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App