DEAL: Aukey Wireless Sport Headphones $9.99

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After my knee surgery, that's about the only running I'll do ad well, hiking yes, but certainly not in the rain, or with earbuds.
Here's to surgically repaired knees that don't work quite as good as the original.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine showed up today . they paired up quickly and were almost fully charged from the box. First thing I always do with in ear types is change to the largest in ear pieces for a better fit, better surrounding sound deadening and most importantly better bass response. They didn't budge when I turned my head slowly, quickly, sweating and not sweating and that was with the cord in back as well as my usual in front.
I put on some Oingo Boingo because they play dad burn every instrument invented, they're stuff is usually mixed nicely for a more neutral but leaning slightly to the bright side and their singers range from deep baritone to upper male ranges. They were a little on the muffled side so I changed to some Doobie Brothers, again same reasoning but mixed a little brighter as a general rule and they sounded about what I like so I tried Paul Hardcastle next and it seemed awesome in the bass mids and vocals but the uppers (like hihats) seemed muffled. Nothing an eq tweak in Power Amp can't fix overall.
They sound tons more true to me than my Jaybirds ever did, stereo separation is much wider and more "airy" for a more outdoor amphitheater feel on songs like Funkyard, limitless and Crazy.
Volume is loud, uncomfortably so when the phone and earpieces were half or more but there was no distortion even in deep bass passages and treble never got that harshness that the beginning of distorting brings.
Range was as good as anything else I've got and better than some. I could easily go 20+ feet away from the phone and turn 1 corner, over 30' if in line of sight and like everything else Bluetooth I've got they began to break up, even at 20' when turning more than 1 corner.
They did suffer randomly from wow and flutter (music speeding up and/or slowing down), something I've only experienced in 1 other pair of stereo Bluetooth headphones years ago (the Jabra 620S) but only randomly and not as bad.
My only real gripe was when used for phone calls (got 2 calls from 2 of my daughters) they couldn't make out what I was saying so much so I turned them off and went to using the phone. No biggie since I use my phone as a phone very very seldom.
Time will tell the battery life
I'd have paid much more than the $10 they asked for these things.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great review Mark, I haven't had music on them yet, just playback on YouTube, but they are certainly worth every bit of the $10.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great write up, thanks! Mine came yesterday, but life got crazy & I've only charged them -- haven't even paired them yet. Really excited to try them out. Maybe tomorrow I can make time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I switched the preset eq setting on Power Amp over to the same one I use for my Skull Candy Hesh2 corded dj style headphones and the uppers brightened up perfectly on Mystery by Patrick Joseph Moore, New Direction by Echo and the Bunnymen, Clocks Live by Coldplay and a bunch of jazz and classical as well. The setting actually brought the airyness to corded quality while not diminishing the tight bass a bit.
My family is in Kentucky visiting my oldest daughter ,I just started a new job a few weeks ago so I didn't have any vacation built up so I've got a bunch of time to do stuff like this but 430 gets here pretty early so I'm limiting it to softer stuff so I won't get wound up grooving to the new toy.
More of this tonight
a7b47b577b54f83814696acc065643e3.jpg
and none of this
c65150f6f7396d407c3b55bde0a5c29d.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow...the Dr Feelgood album brings back a lot of memories. I might have done a few foolish things while listening to that album.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow...the Dr Feelgood album brings back a lot of memories. I might have done a few foolish things while listening to that album.

Yes, glad we're not sharing, certainly don't want to dredge up some of those memories... Well at least the censors here don't ;) ;)
I did have to test Dr Feelgood out on the headset though...

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Okay, I couldn't stand it.. Walked away from responsibilities to pair these things and chill with some tunes for awhile. Hey, we only live once, right?
Bob Marley's "Jammin" was my first play followed by Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". Don't ask...., and definitely don't judge :p
I'm not overly picky with sound quality as long as it's clear and not full of static. These are a true pleasure for me! Whether they are still on sale or not, I'm going to get a couple more pairs for stocking stuffers!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Still for sale.

And y'all are old. Bob Marley, motley crue...where is the white snake and poison? Air supply maybe?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
White Snake (David Coverdale, Deep Purple) and Poison, loved them too.
Don't forget Green Day and Linkin Park, 311...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Using mine now at the airport, not too shabby for $9.99...not too shabby at all. I will probably give this pair to my daughter since I already have a nice pair of BT headphones. But I would definitely buy these again if they go on sale again.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Using mine now at the airport, not too shabby for $9.99...not too shabby at all. I will probably give this pair to my daughter since I already have a nice pair of BT headphones. But I would definitely buy these again if they go on sale again.

Loving mine!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm using mine right now as well. I haven't found the correct combo for my ears yet but the sound is great.

4e59e618d04cd694b4d8e8fe8d9ef087.jpg