Dead out of nowhere???

LMI500

Reaction score
My phone has a full charge on it, and this morning I was on it and then I went back to use it again and it was completely dead/off. It would not turn back on. So I had to take the battery out and put back in after a minute and then it was like nothing ever happened. What gives?? Has anyone else experienced this and should I got to Verizon and exchange it for a new one or are they going to give me the runaround? Thanks for the input.

OP
L

LMI500

Reaction score
I still have a full charge on my phone as I'm typing this, so that is not an issue. Something else occured I believe.

Darkit

Reaction score
I too had this same problem, and actually it was not long after I unplugged it from the charger. I went for a short walk with my Droid in my pocket, and when I pulled it out it was "dead". I pulled the battery, and it worked fine right afterwards and hasn't done it since.

azkabat

Reaction score
This exact thing just happened to me yesterday. Took the my Droid out of my pocket (with about an 80% charge left) and it was completely unresponsive - screen, buttons...nothing worked. Thought the battery had died (which I thought was strange cuz I had just checked it about 20 min prior). So I took it home and plugged it into power and noticed that the white indicator light for the usb charger was not turning on - WTF? - so I pulled the battery. Afterwards the phone was fine....

Until this afternoon when all of my apps weren't launching right. For example, I would try and launch my messages and the phone would launch the Android Market (mind you the the market icon and the message icon are on two seperate panels!) or I would launch the dialer and the phone would launch the browser.

Has anybody else had this issue, it's a bit disconcerting.