Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I wanted to check my G1 and make sure that I didn't miss any apps that I had previously installed on it now that I've got the Droid...

I haven't used it since this summer, as I moved to an area that T-mobile doesn't exist in, and I'm pretty sure I just left it on and let the battery die. [Didn't want to leave a charge in the battery for fear that would cause an issue].

However, now, no matter how long I have it plugged in, the sucker won't come on. No LED, nothing. I checked the battery connections and they all look good.

Didn't know if there's a special way to get this little guy on so I can improve my Droid experience by using some familiar apps [Sure, it's probably too late now anyway, as I've had the Droid long enough to be happy and comfortable with it for quite some time.]

If anyone's got any suggestions [I'm not going to buy a new battery just to check out my old apps...], please let me know!

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
try another micro usb cable. i had an issue like yours. sure enough it was the cable.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
try another micro usb cable. i had an issue like yours. sure enough it was the cable.

I've tried the micro USB and the Charger [They were separate back in the early days of Android...Haha!] I think my cousin/roommate has a newer micro usb hanging around that's compatible though...I'll have to give 'er a try.

Thanks for the idea!

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's been plugged in to the different USB cable for almost 10 minutes. No signs of life...

check for dirt/dust in the usb port, make sure battery has got a good connection to the terminals. if all looks good, borrow a battery from a friend. if that doesnt work

its nice decoration

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh well...Not a BIG deal. Just wanted to reminisce a little. Haha! I WILL keep it plugged in over night though just for giggles...