Data Throttling Hack for Sapphire 2.0

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here is the Data Throttling Hack for Sapphire 2.0.
I did the hack my self and applied it to mine and it booted up fine.

First boot up will take longer then normal.

Mobile Network Settings will Force Close.

Download: Unthrottled_Sapphire2.0.zip

Install:
1. Put the .zip on your sdcard.
2. Use ROM Manager or boot into recovery and install it.

blueaurora

Reaction score
So can you elaborate.... will this force the highest 3g speeds at all times even on verizon's network? It has been said that this happens via verizon not the phones software. Do you have information to the contrary?

Last edited:
OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So can you elaborate.... will this force the highest 3g speeds at all times?
It removes the throttle that verizon had so you can get higher 3g speeds.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that VZ throttles thru OTA switching, not from within the OS, at least, that is what was discussed on the XDA threads...

The hack is supposed to remove any throttling that might occur if you go over some limit imposed by VZ on the network, it doesn't make the actual speed any faster, just last longer ... be nice to know if works though.

Last edited:

ntrddragn

Reaction score
so has anyone install this? increase performance on 3g or whatever it's suppose to do. LOL i tried renaming it to update.zip but installation aborted for some reason.

jbrock98

Reaction score
I went to speedtest website w/o data throttle hack Download .95 upload .35 & after installing Download 1.96 & upload .60 so an increase in speed but was it the throttle hack or just stronger 3g signal? Because I see ppl saying throttling only occurs after using so much data, & I use 2gigs on an high end average, before I hooked up my wifi I hit 6gigs

Sent from my Droid

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't make it faster thru the hack, even over at XDA they say this. The whole thing is about carrier throttling your connection after a certain period of time per cycle.

Let's look at it this way, if you actually went over that unofficial cap and were being throttled back at the time you put in the hack, you would see a sudden increase in speed return, BUT it would be no faster than the max allowed on your connection to begin with, let's say for sake of argument at the beginning of your next cycle ...

jbrock98

Reaction score
You can't make it faster thru the hack, even over at XDA they say this. The whole thing is about carrier throttling your connection after a certain period of time per cycle.

Let's look at it this way, if you actually went over that unofficial cap and were being throttled back at the time you put in the hack, you would see a sudden increase in speed return, BUT it would be no faster than the max allowed on your connection to begin with, let's say for sake of argument at the beginning of your next cycle ...

That's how I understood it so the speed increase I had was nothing but better signal (i was in same spot) but I'm curious how are those speeds I had compare with others? Is my 3g up-to-par w/ others?

Sent from my Droid