Data Speeds after Update

jseah

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their LTE data transfer rates after the update has gone way down? Living in the NYC area, prior to the update I was getting anywhere from 8 Mbps to as high as 25 Mbps, depending on the location and time of day I was running the Speedtest app on my phone. After the update, when I run the Speedtest app on my phone in a LTE area, I can only get between 4-8 Mbps.

I am in DC right now and the Speedtest using the Herndon, VA server shows 4.3 Mbps download and 2.9 Mbps upload.

Pings before and after the update are all in the 100-120 ms range.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I just ran a test, i have the update, not rooted, LA/Orange County area..

i just got 43mbps down and 5.93mbps up.. my transfer rates are better. :)

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I'm willing to bet that Verizon is dialing back the speed. The most recent commercials are advertising speeds twice as fast as AT&T. They still have spotty HSPA+ service, so most AT&T customers are on 3G. When Ma Bell gets some type of 4G service more widespread, Verizon may turn up the speed to stay competitive. Plus, Verizon is trying to expand 4G to more markets, so they may be trying to help ease stress on the network. And, I also suspect that speed test apps are sending/receiving small files that don't take long to pass through the network. That makes the speeds abnormally high compared to downloading an MP3 or video file or uploading a JPEG to your photo account.

Reaction score
I just got 6.5 down and 8 up but I'm in my office and always get lower speeds here. I'll try again later today outside.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i use speakeasy.net, no app... and the reason im getting excellent transfer rates is because i used the Los Angeles test server, im in the Los Angeles area..

I do not sense any type of rate limiting, been testing using the same site since day one.. speeds are better for me...

Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that more and more people are getting 4G phones daily, especially in the large metro areas, so the speeds will eventually go down some because of more 4G users. I'm sure a lot of people walked out the door with 4G phones last week to get on unlimited plans.

badmeat

Reaction score
14.22 download, 3.18 upload.....everything's still the same here in Cincinnati

johnd09

Reaction score
I'm in Miami today and I am getting 17-18 down and 3-5 up through speakeasy.net

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sslbaron

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed that the speeds on mine have decreased. I also am having issues keeping a data connection. I didn't have this issue when I was on the 2.5 leak. I'm also having a big issue with the handoffs between 4G and 3G. This was not an issue before I did the update. I am going back to the leaked 2.5 because I had much better results with that one. I guess every phone is different.

Swyped from my T-Bolt using DroidForums

OP
J

jseah

Reaction score
My speeds are all over the place. When we were sightseeing at the Smithsonian Air Space Museum today, I ran 5 speedtests and got the following results:

Test 1 - 131 ms, 4338 down, 2920 up
Test 2 - 532 ms, 9956 down, 416 up
Test 3 - 120 ms, 12295 down, 432 up
Test 4 - 111 ms, 7818 down, 274 up
Test 5 - 128 ms, 6535 down, 1228 up