Eclipse v2.2 and 4g speeds

rcoolb2002

Reaction score
Higuys. I have been running v2.2 for a couple of weeks now. Everything has been smooth with no problems but i noticed data and downloading seemed slow. Especially when hotspotting to bridgerouter.

Pulled out the old speedtest.

Eclipse:
100+ ms ping
900kbps down
1.5mbps up

Switched back to. 902 stocker:
60ms ping
10+mbps down
3+mbps up

Am i doing something wrong? Is eclipse throttling the throughput?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

vmspionage

Reaction score
Eclipse v2.2, 5.9.902, 2-3 bars 4g. Just ran these tests via SpeedTest app:

74ms / 19.1 Mbps down / 12.0 Mbps up
80ms / 18.4 Mbps down / 11.8 Mbps up
86ms / 17.7 Mbps down / 13.4 Mbps up

It sounds like you might be on 3g at the moment. Another thought, Verizon might have throttled you for some reason.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like you might be on 3g at the moment. Another thought, Verizon might have throttled you for some reason.

Verizon does not throttle 4G speeds only 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

striker85

Reaction score
Which server you connect to makes more difference in speed results than any other factor. Change the server and see what happens. Because of this I don't put much stock into speedtest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
my speeds have been real slow on eclipse as well. i thought it was just verizon

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Verizon throttling data, really not for 4g, the network is set up for heavy data usage. And it's more efficient at handling it. I just started using eclipse 2.2 so far, yet to notice any 4g issues will post again if I see a difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Verizon throttling data, really not for 4g, the network is set up for heavy data usage. And it's more efficient at handling it. I just started using eclipse 2.2 so far, yet to notice any 4g issues will post again if I see a difference.

Update: so far ROM is solid. The only thing I notice is when I'm at work it switched to 3g more often then usual. And I have an extended battery that looks like it's draining super fast. But I think that's a false reading. from what I read they say to let the battery drain completely then recharge it and out should fix that issue

player52

Reaction score
Verizon does not throttle 4G speeds only 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thats not true i get throttled alot using my 4G connection during 3pm to about 11pm EST i notice a huge diff when downloading things (torrents) my speeds greatly increase at night than during those times stated. and ive noticed thats its not always doing it but it happens usually about 3-4 times a week.

keep in mind im tethering and i leave my phone in the exact same place everyday and ive used speed test daily over a months time to see if it was my phone or verizon and its definitely verizon throttling my connection

Update: so far ROM is solid. The only thing I notice is when I'm at work it switched to 3g more often then usual. And I have an extended battery that looks like it's draining super fast. But I think that's a false reading. from what I read they say to let the battery drain completely then recharge it and out should fix that issue

have you tried resetting battery stats?

Last edited: