Data Plan Question

erict

Reaction score
I got my X three months ago and am thinking about the Bionic. Now if I add the Bionic to my plan can I remove the data plan from my X so I'm not paying for two data plans?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I'm not sure I could shut it off. I would just add the Bionic to my plan to get the promo price.

FC127

Reaction score
Every smartphone has to have a data plan. So to add the bionic would add $30 to your bill.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
If you add another line to get the Bionic, you'd have to have some phone on the existing X line. If you keep the X there, it will require a data plan. Do you have a "dumbphone" lying around?

(from Beka's DX)

bart2546

Reaction score
What you would have to do is add a second line. They would activate the Bionic on that second line. Then they could transfer the bionic over to your primary line and add a dummy phone to your second line and make the dummy phone have no data, texts, or any usage at all really so in the end you will end up paying an extra 9.99 per month onto your bill for two years.

In essence if you think of it this way, you are kind of paying full retail price for the phone with half upfront and the other half over two years.

You do not have to actually have a phone to put on the dummy line, they can put a fake one on there. What is cool is you'd have an extra phone number/line in case a family member needed it or something or if you give your primary number out to someone like say someone you meet say at a bar then regret it later, you can switch to the other line/phone number and be good to go again haha

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

Beka27

Reaction score
Plus, if you want to switch carriers (or something bad happens like a lost job), you get stuck with 2 ETFs, not just one.

Would a friend or family member want to add a line to your plan and take over your X?

(from Beka's DX)

bart2546

Reaction score
Yes that is the down side for sure but really the only option to avoid posting full price.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses. Yes I do still have my LG Dare or my wifes flip phone. Even though I have only had my X three months, could I just sell it then?

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I will have to see how the Bionic looks when it comes out. I do like my X, so I need to think about this.