Data package plan question

vettec4

Reaction score
Do you think that for a light to moderate user for the droid incredible that the 150mb verizon plan would be ok ? I have been told by some yes and others no.Would be using it for maybe an hour a day the rest of the day just a phone. I would be doing this for two of these,my wife and I. I want to save the extra $20 a month if I can

Freezetron

Reaction score
If you can attach to wifi at home or wherever you travel most, you should be ok but only you can make sure of that

Sent from my DROIDX

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
150 MB will not be enough

Unless you
+ turn off email sync
+ turn off app updates
+ turn off content updates
+ never watch video, share images
+ never download application
But then that's pretty much why you bought the phone :icon_eek:

riko540

Reaction score
The 150MB option is too small unless you only use WiFi most of the time and turn off all the automatic updates.

Beka27

Reaction score
Have you tried to call and get the family share plan posted in the droid news forum? I think some people are still having luck calling and asking for it. If so, your unlimited data would be discounted to ten bucks a month.

I don't think the $15 plan is very logical for a smartphone. I'm a moderate user and go way over that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DisneyRicky

Reaction score
Get 3G watchdog... you can go crazy with internet, and once you hit 95% of your quota, it turns off all 3g connections (except mms). :)

FC127

Reaction score
Have you tried to call and get the family share plan posted in the droid news forum? I think some people are still having luck calling and asking for it. If so, your unlimited data would be discounted to ten bucks a month.

I don't think the $15 plan is very logical for a smartphone. I'm a moderate user and go way over that.

What/where is this plan shown?

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app

FC127

Reaction score
Sorry, nevermind. I saw it after I posted.

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app

Beka27

Reaction score
This is discussed at length in the droid news sub forum, the first forum at the top. It's called verizon promotion something or other.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Turn off Mobile Data in settings. That is, honestly, the only way to not have to be psychotic over your data usage. WiFi is independent of Mobile Data, so you'll be safe. :)

Steve182

Reaction score
Ive got the $15/month data plan and so far its worked out for me. Im a college student so most places on campus offer Free Wi-Fi wherever I am which is nice. I keep the 3G off unless I need it where theres no Wi-Fi. Yes, its a little more hassle, but hey it saves me another $15-20 a month which is great.

Watching videos sucks the most data from what Ive seen, as long as your not on YouTube 24-7 and careful, you should be fine.

carguy

Reaction score
Great thread, just the information I was looking for :cool:

GF has the $15/month 150 GB plan on her D2G. She is only really using it for Yahoo email at the moment. She is on wifi at the house and will be using GPS infrequently. We'll just monitor the KBs during this first month or two to be sure.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just be VERY careful! 150MB is nothing on a Droid...I went over that 2 days after my bill cycle date (glad I have unlimited)!

DroidForums Junkie!!

carguy

Reaction score
Just be VERY careful! 150MB is nothing on a Droid...I went over that 2 days after my bill cycle date (glad I have unlimited)!

DroidForums Junkie!!
For sure, how accurate is the MyVerizon data usage icon included with the phones anyway?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd say between 12-24hrs behind.

DroidForums Junkie!!
For sure, how accurate is the MyVerizon data usage icon included with the phones anyway?

DroidForums Junkie!!