Data fetching and my google account aren't getting along

GrimGriz

Reaction score
Ever since Gingerbread, I haven't received any notifications of new gmail - other than when I go into Settings>Accounts and "touch to sync."

If I hit the menu button (far left bottom in case that's not what it's actually called), the only option I get is Sync Now, which is the equivalent of touching each option listed above...( Google+ notifications, Books, contacts, gmail, calendar)...

I can't seem to find a place to set it to push, or sync every 5 minutes, etc. anywhere.

Under Settings>Battery & data manager>Data delivery -
Background data is checked
Data roaming is unchecked
Data enabled is checked

Data push is checked under Email and Corporate Sync, but I can't select my gmail from the Default email account pulldown

So is this user error in not finding the right box to check, or something that happened to a lot of people after Gingerbread? I know I was getting gmail notifications prior...

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Put the power control widget on your home screen and make sure you have the auto-sync button enabled.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

GrimGriz

Reaction score
Put the power control widget on your home screen and make sure you have the auto-sync button enabled.

Exactly the problem, thanks very much. Put that widget on a homescreen after gingerbread and it never occurred to me the ramifications of there not being a green bar under the sync on - as I had just put it there to conveniently turn wifi and GPS on and off.

Thanks again,

GG

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Exactly the problem, thanks very much. Put that widget on a homescreen after gingerbread and it never occurred to me the ramifications of there not being a green bar under the sync on - as I had just put it there to conveniently turn wifi and GPS on and off.

Thanks again,

GG

No problem. That seems to be most peoples issue with the google accounts not syncing. Pass on the good word!