Gmail won't sync

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Since I got 2.2, my gmail will not sync anymore. I have to do a manual sync to get my emails. My yahoo account pushes out just fine. I have tried to clear data to factory settings, downloading and removing the gmail update 2.3.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you only clear data, or did you clear cache too? This was an issue with some custom roms on the d1, but I'm not noticing it since upgrading to 2.2.

Is this the only issue you have after the update?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
I cleared the cache and data also did a factory reset. I am also having a problem with wifi. I get connected to my home network but can't surf, download, our use email. Wondering if these two issues are worth trying to get a new one, I have only had it a week.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If that's the case, couldn't hurt to see about a replacement. Factory reset fixes quite a bit of issues, so if that won't work, might be a defective unit.

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Think I have the solution, went to the power control widget and turned on the button w/ two arrows in a circle (just found out that is the sync control). Duh, but no suggestions anywhere for this. I have seen a lot of people struggling w/ gmail push.

weller

Reaction score
3 way sync Droid X, Google Calendar&Contacts,& Outlook

I have been able to synce Droidx calendar with Google but not outlook. Also deleted a contact on outlook and it did not sync to Droidx. I really need the 3 way calendar sync, any ideas? weller