Gmail not synching...

07aspenx

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their gmail synching. I did the clear data trick as well as doing a factory reset and both of my gmail accounts still won't sync up.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Stupid question but you do have it set to sync gmail when you go to accounts and click on the google account right? And do you use the power control widget? You don't have sync turned off do you? Those two arrows in a circle.

OP

07aspenx

Reaction score
Well I solved my issue but I don't understand why it would cause any problems now. I removed the hacked build.prop which I installed a few weeks ago and reverted back to the default and restarted my phone. After the reboot I was able to retrieve my emails again (I retrieve my emails manually and not have it auto-sync).

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh ok, well glad ya got it working.

Power

Reaction score
I have to set up my Gmail seperate from my Google account on the phone. For some reason (running stock 2.1) when my daughter factory reset my phone this past weekend and I set everything back up the Gmail wouldn't sync email at all. Now that I've manually set up both Gmail accounts they work but the stock Google account doesn't sync email.

/crosses fingers 2.2 clears up a bunch of this weird stuff...