data drop

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not familiar with your individual situation, but have you tried the old stand byes?

Power off, remove sim, power on. Power off, replace sim and SD card, power on.

If that doesn't help, get a replacement sim... if that doesn't help...

Are you using any type of app like juice defender? Some razr users have had data connectivity issues cause by app like that.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also you might try calling vzw and seeing off there's a tower issue in your area..

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had called Verizon and they did a factory reset and that fixed it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you currently on? .905 or one of the ICS leaks?

Where do you live?

linuxgator

Reaction score
905 southern Mn

It's a fairly common issue with .905, something to do with the radio firmware. If you feel comfortable with installing the ICS leak, I'd recommend installing the .232 version. It should clear up most of your data drops, assuming they're phone related and not something to do with the network in your location.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
995 doesn't data drop for me... lol. Guess I'm out of the loop for the bionic. Lmao

darrick04

Reaction score
I reported this issue once again on August 14th and was told I would have an answer/resolution in 3 days... I called back on August 19th, to find out my trouble ticket was attached to a parent ticket, as this problem was reported by many, many users in our area, of all phones. So, we are on day 9 and still no response. They have already sent out techs/engineers to the towers, and I have no idea what they are doing, but this is a replacement Droid, I have done all the cycling/pulling sim/sd card, etc, and a factory reset. None of that helps.

It isn't just .905, it is a VZW issue, because it is multiple phones/software versions. I can be in 'extended 4G', solid 4G, etc. It doesn't matter. The ironic thing.. we have a mifi as our only internet source to the home... and *knock on wood* NO issues with that... but issues with a Droid 4 (still haven't downloaded the OTA) and Bionic.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
darrick04 said:
I reported this issue once again on August 14th and was told I would have an answer/resolution in 3 days... I called back on August 19th, to find out my trouble ticket was attached to a parent ticket, as this problem was reported by many, many users in our area, of all phones. So, we are on day 9 and still no response. They have already sent out techs/engineers to the towers, and I have no idea what they are doing, but this is a replacement Droid, I have done all the cycling/pulling sim/sd card, etc, and a factory reset. None of that helps.

It isn't just .905, it is a VZW issue, because it is multiple phones/software versions. I can be in 'extended 4G', solid 4G, etc. It doesn't matter. The ironic thing.. we have a mifi as our only internet source to the home... and *knock on wood* NO issues with that... but issues with a Droid 4 (still haven't downloaded the OTA) and Bionic.

Im sorry to hear that!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC